Noodler's Neponset Is Coming

Morames

I was in the boat that was going to wait for acrylic, but I just got the e-mail that AndersonPens has em for sale, and I gave in to temptation and bought the Red Rebel one. Hopefully I won't be disappointed.

President, Big Apple Pen Club

Follow us on Instagram @big_apple_pen_club

"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."

J.J. Lax Pen Co.

www.jjlaxpenco.comOn Instagram: @jjlaxpenco

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morames

• Agge

• jjlax10

• discopig

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, just a preference thing I guess on the acrylic. I feel like this batch of Neponsets really just look like a lot of the Indian ebonite eyedrop oversizes out there. However, I will say that I absolutely love the look of the prototype - the one sbrebrown reviewed. That is a pen I would definitely buy!

"I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

-Fred Allen 1894-1956

I love the Indian Eyedroppers. Its my guilty pen pleasure.

President, Big Apple Pen Club

Follow us on Instagram @big_apple_pen_club

"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."

J.J. Lax Pen Co.

www.jjlaxpenco.comOn Instagram: @jjlaxpenco

Same here, the prototype made of acrylic is more awesome than released version!

IIRC the one that Steven Brown reviewed is not acrylic but made from a vintage ebonite blank or somthing like that.

As I write this, Goulet is sold out of everything but the black model.

Everything else, all four other colors, were gone within about six minutes, and everything but the green and black colors were gone in about four, best I could tell: I was busy typing and clicking.

And yes, I got one, Rebellion Red, for special reasons.

Anyone want to join me in a verse or two of the Yub Nub Song?

Yub nub, eee chop yub nub;

Ah toe meet toe peechee keene,

G'noop dock fling oh ah.

...anyone else? No? Well...

I am very happy.

Edited by F104

From what I could see all except the black and Walnut was sold within a couple of minutes.

I got a green one for myself, I think that it was lucky that I had pre filled my cart with some other stuff and had all data already entered, I managed to get the order finished 01:01 :-)

Yahwah, eee chop yahwah;
Ah toe meet toe peechee keene,
G'noop dock fling oh ah.

I actually ordered two Neponsets (from different sellers) because I think I may give one to a friend a a gift. I adore ebonite so I'm excited. I do hope some pretty acrylic ones, like the one SBREBrown demonstrated with the grey and red flakey situation, will come out sooner than later.

Hello FPN folks,

This is going to be my first post! Today I received my Neponset(s) from Anderson pens, and after a bit of fooling with tine alignment and smoothing I was able to write with it just fine. No issues with flow. The following picture is just a quicky with some nice shading of Noodler's Bad Blue Heron on a Tomoe River pad.

http://i.imgur.com/geDas5Ol.jpg

I got the red one and the jade one from Anderson Pens - however am in Australia so fingers crossed I should have them by this Friday - can't wait

I got the red one and the jade one from Anderson Pens - however am in Australia so fingers crossed I should have them by this Friday - can't wait

If you have trouble writing with yours please PM me. I would be glad to offer you some anecdotal experience in getting mine to write properly.

I purchased a Jade one from Anderson Pens and got it in the mail Saturday afternoon. I opened the box and let it warm up along with the bottle of "General of the Armies" ink. I then gave it a visual once over and everything looked good nib tines alignment included. Afterwards I gave it a quick flush and rinse then filled it up with my new bottle of "General of the Armies" ink and put pen to paper. The pen started on the first stroke of the nib and has worked perfectly the rest of the evening and was working fine for most of the morning when all of a sudden it started to skip and sputter quite a bit. The fix was easy enough fill the pen with ink again. All in all I am quite pleased with the pen It is quite comfortable to write with and has worked flawlessly like a new pen should no tinkering or adjustments that is more than I can say for the Vac 700 I purchased this summer both the EF nib that came with the pen and the 1.5mm nib I purchased separately would work without spending a couple of 5-hours adjusting each nib for flow and smoothness.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety

Benjamin Franklin

My experience is the same as CaptainGroovy's - it's a great, if thirsty, writer. I'm not sure if flex is supposed to be its thing because it's no more flexy than the Konrad. I didn't expect it to be - after all, that's not really a thing for a steel nib to do. But I must say that it's a joy to write with.

I filled mine with J. Herbin Stormy Gray.

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o715/drew_dunn1/Clan-MacNeil-Buaidh-No-Bas-Victory-or-Death_zps051b46b5.jpg

My experience is the same as CaptainGroovy's - it's a great, if thirsty, writer. I'm not sure if flex is supposed to be its thing because it's no more flexy than the Konrad. I didn't expect it to be - after all, that's not really a thing for a steel nib to do. But I must say that it's a joy to write with.

I filled mine with J. Herbin Stormy Gray.

It exist literary hundreds of different alloys of spring steel.

The main reason that gold was used for fountain pens traditionally is that gold is insanely resistant to corrosion it could handle being submerged in the old inks for a long time. when you use a dip pen you don't have that problem so you can use a non corrosion resistant steel.

Modern steel alloys can be both corrosion resistant and insanely flexible.

I am honestly surprised that manufacturer don't have a insanely flexible nib as standard.

If you do this with your Noodlers flex nib you get 4 mm flex without any problem.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/240492-noodlers-ahab-ease-my-flex-mod/

If I wanted to manufacturer a nib that was insanely flexible I would use a alloy in the same family as the spring steel that is most commonly used in wind shield wiper.

Saying this I have yet to receive my Neponset but I hope that it is at least as flexible as my modified nib.

Edited by Agge

It exist literary hundreds of different alloys of spring steel.

The main reason that gold was used for fountain pens traditionally is that gold is insanely resistant to corrosion it could handle being submerged in the old inks for a long time. when you use a dip pen you don't have that problem so you can use a non corrosion resistant steel.

Modern steel alloys can be both corrosion resistant and insanely flexible.

I am honestly surprised that manufacturer don't have a insanely flexible nib as standard.

If you do this with your Noodlers flex nib you get 4 mm flex without any problem.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/240492-noodlers-ahab-ease-my-flex-mod/

If I wanted to manufacturer a nib that was insanely flexible I would use a alloy in the same family as the spring steel that is most commonly used in wind shield wiper.

Saying this I have yet to receive my Neponset but I hope that it is at leas as flexible as my modified nib.

Before taking a die grinder to your Neponset nib one thing to remember is besides being a three tine music nib is that it is a completely different nib than the flexible nib used on the Ahab \ Konrad pens. So before I would be taking a die grinder to the music nib on the Neponset I think I would be buying at least one if not two of the new Broad nibs that are reportedly is the "parent" nib to the Neponset music nib to play with etc. Fortunately the new non-flexible broad nibs can be purchased separately or part of the "Art Pack" of nibs which has one of the new non-flexible Broad nib and a untipped flexible for the Ahab \ Konrad, and one untipped fine\medium non-flexible nib.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety

Benjamin Franklin

I was thinking more in the direction if you are unhappy wit the flex of konrads and ahabs I recomend that mod not on a neponset atleast not untill they are generaly easy avalible.

Finally got my Neponset.

In my opinion it have about half the flex that I would have wished for and also it is a little dry.

On the plus side apparently the customs department missed to bill me for it so I saved close to 50$ :-)

• 2 weeks later...

If you have trouble writing with yours please PM me. I would be glad to offer you some anecdotal experience in getting mine to write properly.

They are both pretty good - the jade railroads on one side only but I haven't actually taken them apart for a proper look yet. They feel like pens that may need some "breaking in" before they start to feel really good.