Louisville, Ky And Surrounding Areas

bluefish65

Sorry, but I can't make this meeting. Other plans got in the way . . .

Please keep me in the loop for future gatherings, though!

Tom C.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ink Blotto

• Ravenmoon

• openionated

• goodpens

This is so awesome! I won't be able to make it, but I'm glad there are other pen people in Kentucky and I'm not the only one! I'm just getting in to fountain pens and my wife isn't too sure of my new found hobby yet. She'll learn once I can get those cheapo pens out of her purse and slip in a fountain pen. I'm looking forward to hearing how the meeting went!

So how about an "after action report"? How did it go? Are there plans for another one? Just got back in town and was curious.

Sorry it's taken me a bit to reply. I've been trying to get some things done since we've had some clear days for a change.

The turnout was light, but I had a great time. There were three pen people plus my indifferent wife. I think we stayed until 1:00 pm. Ravenmoon brought a nice chunk of her collection which was fantastic since I got to check out a lot more vintage pens than I had before. My first flex nib try out was great too, though I learned I probably don't yet have the skill to utilize one properly.

Ravenmoon and I traded some inks. She was very generous and I got more than I gave I'm afraid, coming home with 6 samples and three boxes of Lamy cartridges. I wish I had tried a few more inks, but I was too busy talking and admiring pens. She had several brands I hadn't tried and one brand I'd never heard of which was great. Ravenmoon also let me try the paper in her Staples Arc notebook, so I think I'll be buying one of those in the near future.

I hope more people are willing to do this in the future. It would be nice to have a group that gets together every couple of months to share knowledge and enjoyment of fountain pens. Maybe sometime in the latter half of June?

IB

Edited by Ink Blotto

No worries, I came back to a ton of yard work myself. From humble beginnings, big things grow, so hopefully this group will keep going. My schedule frees up much more after Memorial Day, other than the third Saturday of the month, my weekends are usually free during the summer. The third Saturday is perpetually reserved for another hobby.

Thank you, Ink Blotto, for that lovely write up!

I have been meaning to do a follow-up; I can only plead finals week!

Ink summed it up beautifully, though he exaggerates; I'm quite thrilled with the generous samples I left with as well! We would very much like to make this a regular thing, perhaps bi-monthly?

We talked briefly about perhaps having a 'repair clinic' at a future meeting, and possibly looking at other themes as well (thinking penmanship/calligraphy, nib tuning, maybe a 'brand focus').

As always, would love feedback on what would make a meeting that you would come to!

• 2 months later...

I'm in Louisville and would be interested in meeting up if another one is scheduled. Being new to FPs i can't contribute much but would still like to put faces with names.

Gregg