Louisville, Ky And Surrounding Areas

bluefish65

I'm booked every Saturday in April, but my schedule frees up big time in May. So, pencil me (and all the people in my house, lol) in for May!

ALso, it would need to be any time after late morning. We'll need a couple of hours to get there.

Edited by kboyle92

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ink Blotto

• Ravenmoon

• openionated

• goodpens

Good to hear. I have an hour drive myself, so hopefully we can all agree on a time that isn't too early.

OK, so looks like April 11 or 18 for a starter, and then maybe planning a bigger get-together in May?

I'll see about setting something up for one of those days, and we can put out heads together for a next meeting.

As to times, does...11:00 sound OK?

Hang out for an hour, then head to lunch? Gives those with a drive some time to mosey in without a rush?

OK! It's official! We have a reservation at Bellarmine University, Saturday, April 18th, 11:00 (I'll be there from 10:30) and we have until 12:30.

The location is the Fireplace Room in Horrigan Hall.

Bellarmine University
2001 Newburg Road
Louisville, KY 40205
Directions and campus maps are here: http://www.bellarmine.edu/admissions/campusdirections/
I look forward to seeing many of you there. Feel free to share this around wherever, and I will do that same!

Excellent. See you all there. Thanks again Ravenmoon and I hope you're bringing some of the great pens from your website.

IB

I looked through your collection again. They're all great, but the older Sheaffers interest me most. I wouldn't mind seeing the Lamy 99 also. I will bring all of my pens probably, but that only means 12 or 13, half of which are new and fairly common. I'll pack along my inks also.

Paul

Good luck to everyone. Alas, I won't be back in time for this first one, but I hope it becomes a regular thing.

• 2 weeks later...

We hope so, too, Openionated! And Paul, I have at least a dozen more Sheaffers I haven't had time to post on the site yet! No worries, I'll pick some goodies! :)

Just wanted to toss this out there: I have a few extra cigar boxes turned pen boxes that I have been meaning to start listing here on the classifieds (thinking $20-25, depending on the size). IF (and only if) anyone is interested, I can bring a few on the 18th.

I have a photo of the first few done here: http://www.ravenmoon.us/posts/penboxes/

Otherwise, I'm just really looking forward to getting together! :)

Edited by Ravenmoon

I may be able to make it on April 18th. I do not live far from the Bellarmine campus. I would come with some inks and my beautiful old Esterbrooks.

"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars" ~Henry Van Dyke

Trying to rescue and restore all the beautiful Esties to their purpose.

• 2 weeks later...

One week away!

I just wanted to bring this back to the top in hopes that more people might see it.

Paul

It's not THAT confusing! It's a lot better than U of L.... Come on, you know you wanna! How about it I post a map with the best place to park and exactly how to get to the meeting room? (That's not a bad idea anyway, come to think of it..... )

YES PLEASE. That way I won't get lost (you wouldn't believe how easily I get lost), PLU I would know EXACTLY how to avoid the areas frequented by my ex.

If I actually end up going, do you want me to bring the Laban set so you can be reunited with them :D

OK: Here are two maps (one sort of artsy with landscape, the other a flat old map) of the campus. There are two great lots for parking, both on the same side of campus. The third one is sort of a last resort. Unfortunately, the parking right in front of the building we are in is under construction. But it's a pretty small campus, so it's not much of a walk.

If you come in from the highway (I-265), you will come in on Newburg Road. Go under the big (pointless) arch and up the hill. Veer to the left at the divide and keep going. The first lot you come to on your right has four rows, the first one is all visitor parking, but you can park anywhere in that lot. (It won't really matter on a Saturday anyway). If for some inexplicable reason that lot is full, the next lot on your right is huge, and will have loads of space. Coming from Norris place, both those lots will be on your left, in reverse order, so the second one coming from Norris has the visitor parking.

I've shown the route from both lots to our building on the map, but from the first, go around the big 2-story glass building, follow the curve and go up the stairs to the quad (a big open area surrounded by a cloistered walkway). Head to your right.

From the second lot, go up the wide staircase between the 2 buildings as shown, which will take you into the quad. You'll see a statue of a young woman and a gazebo.

In either case, follow the covered walkways to the far end until you see a big knight on a horse; that's your building, Horrigan Hall. Go in and you'll be in a dining area. Go around the big open stairwell, and the Fireplace Room is ahead and to your left. It is a large room with windows facing you as you come around the stairwell. I'll try to be on the lookout, or have some signs up or something. (I hope that's more helpful than it is confusing! LOL I do this every day, so it's hard to describe it, oddly!)

Here's the maps:

http://www.ravenmoon.us/images/Map1.jpg

http://www.ravenmoon.us/images/Map2.jpg