Louisville, Ky And Surrounding Areas

bluefish65

That's good to know. I would be driving in and I know college campuses often turn parking into a cryptic riddle mixed with a blood sport.

Public libraries frequently have reservable meeting rooms also. The pen club in Cincinnati seems to rotate different restaurants as meeting spots.

I

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ink Blotto

• Ravenmoon

• openionated

• goodpens

I would love to meet some pen people to talk about and look at pens. I wonder if we can get anyone else interested.

I'm closer to Lexington than Louisville, but most of Louisville is less than an hour drive for me.

Come on Kentucky pen people, anyone interested? United we stand, divided we fall! Speak up Pentuckians. (Pendiana too.)

I'm a Pentuckian as well. Leather, Inc. in Lexington had a great selection last time I was in there. According to their FB page, Edgar's has increased their inventory and has a greater variety of pens in stock, but I haven't been able to get over there and check them out recently. A local meetup would be interesting.

So that makes at least 3 people interested in a meet up, plus some interest earlier in this thread. I'm trying to decide the best way to go about this. Should we just pick a date and location, post it on here (and elsewhere), and then see who shows up?

Interested pen people:

Ravenmoon

openionated

Ink Blotto

Anybody else in Kentucky, or nearby, interested?

So that makes at least 3 people interested in a meet up, plus some interest earlier in this thread. I'm trying to decide the best way to go about this. Should we just pick a date and location, post it on here (and elsewhere), and then see who shows up?

Interested pen people:

Ravenmoon

openionated

Ink Blotto

Anybody else in Kentucky, or nearby, interested?

I'm still in the area, through the end of March or the beginning of April, and would be interested in meeting up if the timing works.

I'll toss this out on the FPN Facebook, and a couple other pennish places. I may even know some folks IRL who might be interested. And, I will see if I can send PMs to some of the other folks.

How far out would we want to schedule this?

I'll toss this out on the FPN Facebook, and a couple other pennish places. I may even know some folks IRL who might be interested. And, I will see if I can send PMs to some of the other folks.

How far out would we want to schedule this?

Nearly any time is good for me, but we should give enough time to let people know about and schedule around it. Goodpens is in the area for a few more weeks. I would suggest the first weekend in April, but that's Easter weekend. We could look at the weekend before that or the one following. I'm just assuming that weekends are probably best. We need a location, so that might impact dates too.

I'm still in the area, through the end of March or the beginning of April, and would be interested in meeting up if the timing works.

Excellent. I hope we can get this together while you're still in the area, especially since you expressed interest weeks ago. :) I thought you might have left already. I'm glad you didn't.

I live in southern Indiana and am interested in a club.

Tom C.

I'm also glad you came back to this thread dorala1. I was hoping that people were still interested.

Newest list: (no obligation, just trying to get an idea of how many)

Ravenmoon

Openionated

Goodpens

Dorala1/Tom C.

Ink Blotto/Paul

I'm interested in trying to establish a regular group/club. Kentucky has precious few fountain pen resources. It would be nice if we could show that there are more than a few of us in the Bluegrass.

Depends on the date/time. I'm pretty well booked through the 20th of April, but I have a few hours here and there. After the 20th my schedule is open until mid-May.

I'm still interested in this. I am retired, so any time and place is okay. Just post date, time, etc. and I'll be there.

The RavenLunatic

Semper insanit omnes tempore.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.pnghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Depends on the date/time. I'm pretty well booked through the 20th of April, but I have a few hours here and there. After the 20th my schedule is open until mid-May.

Are weekends the best days for you, in general?

I'm still interested in this. I am retired, so any time and place is okay. Just post date, time, etc. and I'll be there.

Excellent. Hopefully we will be able to nail the day down shortly.

This looks encouraging. So far the following people are interested.

Ravenmoon

Openionated

Goodpens

Dorala1/Tom C.

Ink Blotto/Paul

Ravenlunatic

Does anyone have suggestions for a location. I vaguely know Louisville, but I think the residents are in a better position to pick a place. Ravenmoon has suggested Bellarmine's campus. That works for me. If we get together and decide we want to do it again down the road, we can decide if a restaurant or coffeehouse seems appropriate. I'm just trying to keep the momentum up, I don't know any pen people IRL. :D

IB

Edited by Ink Blotto

Thank you all for the replies! I was beginning to think I was the only fountain pen user/lover in the area. I'm available every weekend and have no plans until this summer. How does April 25 work for everyone? Also, the Bellarmine campus is fine with me if it works for everyone else.

Ink Blotto, yes I would prefer weekends. Saturday mornings would be ideal. The only time during the week that I get free is a few hours on Wednesday nights.

Bluefish, the 25th is the Derby Festival Mini Marathon. I'm free that morning, but not sure of the others.

Edited by openionated

I'm open almost every weekend until the end of April, with the exception of Easter Sunday.

Ravenmoon, how much notice would you need to reserve a room at Bellarmine?

Goodpens, do you know if you will still be in Louisville on April 25th?

IB

Ravenmoon

Openionated

Goodpens

Dorala1/Tom C.

Ink Blotto/Paul

Ravenlunatic

Bluefish65

Thanks for doing a round-up/summary of the info, Ink Blotto.

No--I won't be in the area on 4/25. I'll likely be leaving Louisville by 4/10 at the very latest; my schedule is still in flux. If I miss this get-together, I'll just need to be sure I make it to the next gathering once I get home to CO.

One suggestion (perhaps obvious) for the group/for the person booking meeting place: a room with a sink is very helpful, as it allows for easy cleanup of inks that you'll be testing and swapping. Bring some extra paper towls for clean-up. :)

I did not think about a sink. If not this time we could always keep that in mind for the next get together.

April 11th or 18th is fine with me. I would like as many people as possible to be able to attend, but I'm not sure if it's even possible to get a date that's good for everyone every time. Hopefully this will not be a one time thing though. It would ideally turn into a once a month or every two months event that would eventually have nib smoothing demonstrations and other educational aspects.

IB