The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Any Doctor Fn Users

medical fp users clinic work users

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 TheAkwardNinja

TheAkwardNinja

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:39

Just out of curiosity, how many people here are in the medical field and use fountain pens while working? I actually have a brother who is a PA, but I couldn't convince him to use a Pilot Metropolitan, I did gift him the rollerblading version though.

-Ave María, grátia pléna, Dóminus técum. Benedícta tu in muliéribus, et benedíctus frúctus véntris túi, Iésus. Sáncta María, Máter Déi, óra pro nóbis peccatóribus, nunc et in hóra mórtis nóstrae. Amen.-

Sponsored Content

#2 Beckwith

Beckwith

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:50

I heard from a pen store owner (I believe it was Bert of Bertram's Inkwell) that doctors often like the Pilot VP for marking charts

#3 sargetalon

sargetalon

The answer to life, the universe, and everything

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,073 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:08

Not much writing to do these days. Most everything has gone electronic.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count.  My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

#4 adamselene

adamselene

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:45

Computer records are part. of the plot for big corporations to finish taking over medicine. (Who said, "it's not whether you're paranoid, are you paranoid enough?")

I still take my psychotherapy notes with Fountain Pens, on legal pad on a Levenger pad backer, but my. medical notes are ballpoint on computer forms. Very crazy to have to take two sets of notes.

Especially as my career was spent developing an integrated approach to Biologic, Psychologic, and Social perspectives.

About 50% psychiatrists don't take insurance these days. Much fewer do psychotherapy,

Fountain pens aren't extinct, but the Physician-Patient relationship is not what it was once. Which is the mission. And computers are part of the strategy.

#5 acolythe

acolythe

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:02

I still use pilot 78 get in B and f in office to sign prescriptions and Consult letters etc

#6 Eugen-of-Savoy

Eugen-of-Savoy

Numero Uno is Back !

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:22

Except for the forms coming out of the slot machine on my office desk, everything is written with a fountainpen. For the patients there is always a MB BP on the desk in case they should fill in some forms.

#7 ArtsNibs

ArtsNibs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,056 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:31

I gave my sister-in-law a fp and a bottle of iron gall ink. She promised to use it to write prescriptions.
@arts_nibs

#8 strictlyobiter

strictlyobiter

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:21

My partner uses a Pilot Vanishing Point every day. We are in Ireland where EMR is pretty much non-existent so updating records by hand is a large part of the job unfortunately.

#9 Lorna Reed

Lorna Reed

Voluntary Verger

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:24

My GP uses a Parker fountain pen to sign prescriptions.

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.
Philippians 4.8

#10 Marky Mark

Marky Mark

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:38

I use my Lamy 2000 at work. I write with it posted and with the semi hooded nib it doesn't dry out as I review different results and record in the notes. I did contemplate a vanishing point when I was buying the 2000 - a simple click to be ready to write is really convenient on wards, but I was a bit put off by the clip position. The other advantage is that fountain pens really help you to tidy up your writing! The nurses appreciate it a great deal to have notes that they can read!

I would happily recommend a 2000 to anyone for work in a hospital.

#11 owend

owend

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:45

The opposite: when I was in hospital last year, my consultant had to borrow my ballpoint to make a note on my chart as he had no writing implement of any sort on him!

#12 I like mango cheesecake

I like mango cheesecake

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 934 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:20

my daughter's pediatric cardiologist uses a MB 146 in an M nib. A recent addition too because he was using cheap ballpoints before that.

#13 greenyguy

greenyguy

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:56

I'm an endocrinologist in India and I use fp for all my OPD and Inpatients. I mostly use VP, Platinum 3776 century and Sheaffer No Nonsense (all in fine nib)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: medical, fp users, clinic work, users

Sponsored Content

|