Has Anyone Got The 90Th 149 With O3B Nib?

pp763

Just wondering how it would look with the rose gold nib

<strong class='bbc'>Current Pens</strong>Montblanc 161, 162, 146 Solitaire Silver Barley BB, 146P EF, 149 OBB, Generation BP, Solitaire Steel Doue BP Waterman Edson M, Omas 360 L.E Vintage 2013 B, Omas Paragon HT B, Platinum President B, Pilot Custom 74 B, Sailor King Profit Ebonite B

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• pmhudepo

• pp763

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Waiting for it... hopefully it will arrive in a week or so. My first O3B nib.

Edited by pmhudepo

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

Congrats. Id love to see what the nib looks like and a writing sample when you recieve it

<strong class='bbc'>Current Pens</strong>Montblanc 161, 162, 146 Solitaire Silver Barley BB, 146P EF, 149 OBB, Generation BP, Solitaire Steel Doue BP Waterman Edson M, Omas 360 L.E Vintage 2013 B, Omas Paragon HT B, Platinum President B, Pilot Custom 74 B, Sailor King Profit Ebonite B

It looks beautiful! The "90" on the nib is huge. However unless you were a rabid fanboy, most people would not know the significance of the "90".post-80291-0-73383400-1403013966.jpg

Did not realize the picture was so small. Color is not correct as the exposure and color temperature is so hard to get right. Only the sepia words are the OBBB nib. The red color "h" is with a 1.9 italic Kaweco.

As you can see, the line variation is tremendous and it writes with similar line variation as the 1.9 italic from Kaweco. It is perhaps a smidge thinner, probably a 1.7.

Just a very lovely nib to write with and enjoy.

Edit: Yikes, it should say May and not March. Unless you were thinking I time traveled since the pen was released only at the beginning of May...

Edited by gerigo

Oh no! Now I "NEED" one.

I thought you "needed" one when you got to try out my regular (not 90th anniversary) O3B. :lol: Heck, maybe I need another one! :D

Smith Premier No. 4

This was a monster nib !!

Dentist... Guitar player (not playing these days).... And a fountain pen user like all of you!

I'm currently waiting for an OBB nib to replace the M that came with my 149.

Seeing the writing samples, I'm glad that I asked for the exchange

Edited by franjov

It looks beautiful! The "90" on the nib is huge. However unless you were a rabid fanboy, most people would not know the significance of the "90".attachicon.gifMB_90th_OBBB_Small.jpg

Did not realize the picture was so small. Color is not correct as the exposure and color temperature is so hard to get right. Only the sepia words are the OBBB nib. The red color "h" is with a 1.9 italic Kaweco.

As you can see, the line variation is tremendous and it writes with similar line variation as the 1.9 italic from Kaweco. It is perhaps a smidge thinner, probably a 1.7.

Just a very lovely nib to write with and enjoy.

Edit: Yikes, it should say May and not March. Unless you were thinking I time traveled since the pen was released only at the beginning of May...

Wow, very lovely hand writing and I LOVE that nib!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Could someone post a picture of the actual nib if you own a 90th Anniversary 149?

Mine has arrived! My MB dealer delivered the pen in person, rather than sending it by mail to me, which I thought was a great service. Here's a first teaser image:

fpn_1403275112__mb-149-obbb-90th.jpg

It really is a big, juicy nib. A bit demanding in its writing angle, but capable of great line variation. The best trick, as far as I can tell, is to let the nib find its sweet spot and just guide it across the paper. More to come as time allows.

I should add that my quick phone picture doesn't do justice to the rose gold. The picture looks too coppery / yellow / dark to me.

Wow. I have heard of people saying the sweetspot is small on it but how if the nib is very wide? The sweetspot on my obb is quite large

Mine has arrived! My MB dealer delivered the pen in person, rather than sending it by mail to me, which I thought was a great service. Here's a first teaser image:

fpn_1403275112__mb-149-obbb-90th.jpg

It really is a big, juicy nib. A bit demanding in its writing angle, but capable of great line variation. The best trick, as far as I can tell, is to let the nib find its sweet spot and just guide it across the paper. More to come as time allows.

Love it!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Wow. I have heard of people saying the sweetspot is small on it but how if the nib is very wide? The sweetspot on my obb is quite large

My first impression is that the OBB is easier to handle than the O3B, but keep in mind that I bought my OBB as a used pen, and I've owned it for 3 years now. Also, I have written less than one hours with the O3B. So, really, these are my very first impressions.

Edited by pmhudepo