The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

My First Eversharp-Flex?

eversharp skyline flexible

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 perth

perth

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:40

Last weekend I happened to find a small vintage pen store. On offer was this Eversharp Skyline, for about $90. I was playing with it until I started wondering whether it's as considered flexible or not? Also, is the price I paid fairly worth it? I've been told that the cap is a little more unusual.image.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 ArtsNibs

ArtsNibs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2014 - 22:46

I would say its a semi-flex. The price is very fair for a working pen. I love the cap on yours:)
@arts_nibs

#3 Tootles

Tootles

Donor Pen

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:30

Lovely looking pen and your handwriting is so nice! I cannot imagine what a flex nib feels like. Have a Reform 1745 that is a little springy... and that's about as flexible as I have yet seen, though there is a Symphony on its way to me that may have something interesting up at the business end.

#4 spinningtrees

spinningtrees

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 17:40

I've got almost that exact pen, except the band is a bit smaller.  Mine writes with a fair amount of flex as well, though my writing is not as fair as yours!

the pen is the window into the writer's soul
www.spinningtrees.webuda.com

#5 perth

perth

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:03

I'm new to Eversharps so I don't really know how to value them or have much knowledge at all about their designs. I guess I'll have to read up on them! Thank you for the compliments, too. I'm nowhere near satisfied with my handwriting, though.

#6 discopig

discopig

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:29

I think that can definitely be called at least semi-flex, nice find.

#7 LBpens

LBpens

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:16

It's at least somewhat flexible, but we don't know how hard you wear bearing down to get that degree of line variation. But that's ok because one with too much flex is not so good for a beginner. I think you may have paid about $20 too much, but so what? 

Save the Wahls!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: eversharp, skyline, flexible

Sponsored Content

|