#21 Misfit

Misfit

Goddess of Inanimate Objects

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:56

Mezzie, was this your Pilot VP in yellow or the Raden Galaxy?

I saw your post on another thread where you replied to the question on what was your dream pen.

Made me go look for it online. I like the idea of holding the universe in your hand.

Goulet has what looks like the Galaxy without labeling it as such.

Edited by Misfit, 04 July 2014 - 05:48.

Posted Image

#22 Mezzie

Mezzie

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:44

It was the yellow, but I'd injured the Galaxy on my own before. Luckily, the nib units are easy to replace, though they aren't cheap. Very luckily, a fellow FPNer (not sure if he wants to be named) was generous and sent me a fine nib unit he had sitting in a drawer as he prefers a medium nib. The kindness of the people on here is quite astounding. :)

#23 frr149

frr149

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 July 2014 - 15:35

So, should I give up? Is it cheaper to have the nibs repaired rather than replaced (and if so, where do you recommend I send them?)?

I'm so sad... I love the pen so much, but it just doesn't seem to be working out. :(

No nib would survive falling into the ground or into the hands of a ballpoint user. VPs are great pens. Either take better care if yours or use a Varsity pen.

Lord, grant me the serenity to avoid the pens I don't need,
the dough for those I need and the wisdom to know the difference.

#24 frr149

frr149

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 July 2014 - 15:42

BTW, when I travel I always take a cheap pen, such as a Hero 616. This way if I lose it, some ballpoint user gets his sweaty little paws on it, it falls or any othe deadly incident happens, it's not a big deal. At home or my office, controlled and safe environments for pens, I use the fancy ones.

Lord, grant me the serenity to avoid the pens I don't need,
the dough for those I need and the wisdom to know the difference.

[Sponsored Content]