New Omas 360 Vintage Arco And Wild

novelli

Omas has just produced another beautiful edition in celluloid, this time using the 360 shape, in the arco brown and wild celluloid.

Limited to:
36 fountain pens and 36 roller in arco brown celluloid with yellow gold trim

2141205811.jpg

36 fountain pens in arco brown celluloid with rose gold trim

2141205814.jpg

36 fountain pens in arco brown celluloid with HT trim

2141205813.jpg

136 fountain pens in wild celluloid

2141205809.jpg

36 roller in wild celluloid

2141205810.jpg

The shape is the typical triangular by Omas\The nib is 18kt coming in EF – F – M – B – BB – STUB

http://www.novelli.it/pendescription/Omas/360%20Celluloid%20Vintage/images/Omas-360-Celluloid-Vintage-04.jpg

For any further information please CLICK HERE or contact me
Regards,
Marco
Novelli.it

visit us at Novelli.it

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• raging.dragon

• ugopvn

• novelli

• Ebonite And Ivory

It'll be the Arco with Gold trim and a stub nib for me.

In person the Wild celluloid is absolutely striking. :wub:

I'm not sure why, but I've never liked the Wild celluloid, nor the similar "reversed cracked ice" vintage celluloids.

I do not understand why they are called vintage when:

1) they are missing the Omas greek key pattern

2) they have solid metal in the section like the modern Paragon

In my opinion this is really a pity as I would have really loved a real vintage 360 arco brown (I already have an old 360 wild).

I would love to own an Arco. I have an Arco Paragon and it is lovely. I already own a 360 smokey grey demonstrator, and don't need 2. I have too many pens as is. And I won't give up my current 360 for this one, no matter how beautiful it is.

It can be considered vintage because some of the Omas pens I have--they are old!--have the three bands across the barrel in place of the greek key motif.

I would personally go for the rose gold arco 360 (stub!). I have a Ti 360 and it fits my writing very well. The only pity is that despite the size of the 360, the ink volume is relatively small.

Quoted at some other sources at $1500 MSRP, this is hardly a cheap pen--even by Omas's standards--by a long shot. Prices for Omas have been creeping upwards with all these new 'vintage'; where is that company that makes good writing pens for $150 or less (think Extras--and sell lots of them!)?

AAA

In my opinion this is really a pity as I would have really loved a real vintage 360 arco brown (I already have an old 360 wild).

Dear Mr. Piovan,

Some years ago Omas discontinued the old style Arte Italiana, 360 and Ogiva series, introducing new designs. After a while they realized that Omas has 2 souls, new and old, so they decided to re produce some of the old lines in small lots. To not make confusion between the New Arte Italiana and the old, the new 360 and the old (and so on), they decided to call "vintage" all these pens coming with old style, no matter if they have the greek, the rings or not.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Marco

Novelli.it

visit us at Novelli.it

The new partailly metal section is better because it prevents ink tintage.

The Greek key band looks great on paragons. But I'm not so sure for the 360 model.

The Greek key band looks great on paragons. But I'm not so sure for the 360 model.

Prior to the vintage LE's, the 360 has been made with a few different cap band designs:

• Most 360's had a greek key band
  • Triple cap bands can be seen on the 360 MoMA (Museum of Modern Art), a 75th anniversary owner's club pen based on the 360 MoMA, and the 360 Lucens
  • A single band covering the edge of the cap was used on the Burking and exotic 360's
  • The Imagination and PC pens don't have cap bands at all

I prefer the single and triple bands over the greek key.

Dear Mr. Piovan,

Some years ago Omas discontinued the old style Arte Italiana, 360 and Ogiva series, introducing new designs. After a while they realized that Omas has 2 souls, new and old, so they decided to re produce some of the old lines in small lots. To not make confusion between the New Arte Italiana and the old, the new 360 and the old (and so on), they decided to call "vintage" all these pens coming with old style, no matter if they have the greek, the rings or not.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Marco

Novelli.it

Thanks for the clarification Mr. Marco

Here is how it looks on the 360 Wild fpn_1402497914__omas_360_wild_with_greek

Several pictures of 360's with different types of bands (including greek key) can be found here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/229621-modern-pens-the-omas-360/

• 4 weeks later...

I prefer the older 360 model but these ones aren't too bad

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• 2 years later...

If ANY of you have an Omas Arco brown 360 new or "vintage" give me a shout. I'll buy it. Thanks! :)

I am happy to meet you. Please message me if you have any questions or want to be pen friends.

If ANY of you have an Omas Arco brown 360 new or "vintage" give me a shout. I'll buy it. Thanks! :)

Do not give up hope, miracles do happen! I just managed to track down an unused HT trim version of the OMAS 360 Arco (thank you if you are reading this - you know who you are!), and am VERY happy about it...

:cloud9:

Edited by Alberto

I am happy FOR YOU but unhappy I was not contacted by that "someone" and that it went to you! lol. I am happy for you my friend! I do believe it will happen in time. I saw one before I knew how special it was less than a year ago at the 2016 DC pen show. $1,500 out the door. I passed. Now I am like...why didn't I buy that. :) Send me photos of yours please!

I am happy to meet you. Please message me if you have any questions or want to be pen friends.

Well, I may have spoke too soon - it looks like that pen is currently lost in the mail. Crossing everything I can that it gets found...