Akkerman Ink Group Buy - Delivered At Dc Pen Supershow

Jared,

Does the cost of the ink ($20/bottle) include shipping (to Washington State, in my case) or is that cost for pick-up only?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jared

• amberleadavis

• Cyber6

• inkstainedruth

Jared,

Does the cost of the ink ($20/bottle) include shipping (to Washington State, in my case) or is that cost for pick-up only?

I'm afraid that the $20 is for personal pick-up only at the pen show. I haven't opened this up yet to mail orders, but may need to if we don't reach 30 pre-orders by the 21st. If I was to mail these, the shipping cost would be in addition to $20 per bottle, which is the cost to get it shipped here from the Netherlands.

I'm afraid that the $20 is for personal pick-up only at the pen show. I haven't opened this up yet to mail orders, but may need to if we don't reach 30 pre-orders by the 21st. If I was to mail these, the shipping cost would be in addition to $20 per bottle, which is the cost to get it shipped here from the Netherlands.

Thanks. I'll keep my eyes on this thread. If you reach the requisite threshold for mail orders, I'll place one.

I've done the math on these (I do the group-buys for the Toronto posse).. Unless they have changed the shipping charges. The difference between ordering 14 bottles and 30 bottles is approx $1 dollar. So if you can make it to 14 bottles, everyone will pay approx $21 per bottle.

That of course, is my suggestion if you want to avoid playing "postal man". ;)

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Jared, my advice, if you have the extra cash, fill out the order with extra bottles probably Shocking Blue and Simpleste Violet and sell the bottles for $30 at the show. You pocket $10 and pay for your trip.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Jared, my advice, if you have the extra cash, fill out the order with extra bottles probably Shocking Blue and Simpleste Violet and sell the bottles for $30 at the show. You pocket $10 and pay for your trip.

+1

And this is a MUCH better suggestion. Shocking Blue and Simplistic Violet are the MOST popular colors. You will sell them for sure.

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Hmmm. Tried to PM Jared with my order earlier, but he doesn't seem to have gotten the list updated here. When I looked at the PM board there was this weird thing that said "BLOCK" under his avatar in large (un)friendly red letters.... So I'm hoping that it actually went through. (One of the inks I want to try is definitely *not* on the updated list he posted yesterday).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

edited for typos

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I got the PM, and now we're up to 12 Akkerman 60ml bottles pre-ordered for the upcoming DC Supershow:

#8 Diep-Duinwaterblauw (3)

#9 Laan van Nieuw Oost-Indigo (2)

#10 IJzer-Galnoten Bliew/Zweig (2)

#13 Simplisties Violet

#15 Voorhout Violet

#19 Rood Haags Pluchte

#23 Bekakt Haags

#24 Zuiderpark Blauw-Groen

I'm a bit surprised that there aren't any "#5 Shocking Blue" pre-orders yet, but perhaps those will come.

I'm a bit surprised that there aren't any "#5 Shocking Blue" pre-orders yet, but perhaps those will come.

LOL.. I thought the same the first time you put the list up. My money is on that all (or most) of the people ordering, already have Shocking Blue.. .they are going after the small bottles. :D

Edited by Cyber6

**** BauerInks.ca ****

LOL.. I thought the same the first time you put the list up. My money is on that all (or most) of the people ordering, already have Shocking Blue.. .they are going after the small bottles. :D

It's not that (at least not in my case). It's that I already have a huge range of blue inks already, and only have so much discretionary budget at the moment. And that's *before* the convention rate for a room at DCSS (which for the DC area is quite reasonable, but still more than I'm willing to pay for a hotel room on a regular basis). And of course cuts into the available funds for *other* potential shopping at the show (other inks, repair tables, maybe a pen or two if I can find a deal...).

Honestly, Shocking Blue does look nice. But it also looks somewhat similar to DCSSB, of which I still have 2-1/2 sample vials....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Okay, here's a quick rundown.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Ink_Companies/Akkerman/slides/Akkerman1.pnghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Ink_Companies/Akkerman/slides/akkerman2.pnghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Ink_Companies/Akkerman/slides/akkerman3.pnghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Ink_Companies/Akkerman/slides/akkerman4.png

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

It's not that (at least not in my case). It's that I already have a huge range of blue inks already, and only have so much discretionary budget at the moment. <snip>

+1

I don't have Shocking Blue either, and it is not in my order, but there are other colors I just HAVE to get at this opportunity. Seems like it is similar to Diamine Majestic Blue, so I think I will get the Diamine one at a later date, when my financial situation improves. Then again- if Jared decides to order an extra bottle of Shocking Blue anyways to sell at the show to random buyers, I can totally see myself snatching it up.... Hard to say No when an opportunity like that presents itself... I have no self-control...

Incidentally, it could be a great opportunity for a little "Meet and Greet" among the group buy participants. That way, Jared doesn't have to keep making appointment with everyone individually. I am planning to be at the show on Saturday, most likely all day.

Someone was talking about organizing a day trip from Philly for Baltimore Pen Show, and wonder if such a plan might take place for D.C. Show? I didn't go to Baltimore Pen Show because it was too soon after Philly Pen Show, but it seemed like a fun event... Train ride would go so quickly, talking about pens... purchase plans on the way and show the hauls one the way back...

Sorry to take this off topic, but is there a Toronto group buy happening?

Not that I am aware of.. at least not at the moment. ;)

**** BauerInks.ca ****

I didn't request the Shocking Blue either, as I have too many blues, and I really wanted to try the unusual colors.

I'd love to have a meet and greet on Saturday.

Julie

We're up to 13 Akkerman 60ml bottles pre-ordered for the upcoming DC Supershow, with one spot reserved for another FPN member, for a total of 14:

#8 Diep-Duinwaterblauw (3)

#9 Laan van Nieuw Oost-Indigo (2)

#10 IJzer-Galnoten Bliew/Zweig (2)

#12 Mauritshuis Magenta

#13 Simplisties Violet

#19 Rood Haags Pluchte

#20 Pulchri Pink

#23 Bekakt Haags

#24 Zuiderpark Blauw-Groen

Unless there are 10 - 16 more bottles pre-ordered, I'll have to limit this order to 14 bottles (the maximum order size to minimize shipping), as the next box limit is 30 bottles. Additional pre-order requests will be added to the order only upon receiving at least 10 more individual pre-orders of 60ml Akkerman ink bottles.

I just sent a PM for #22 which looks like an earthy orange. Does anyone have a sample photo of it?

Katherine

I am willing to open this up to mail orders to get up to 30 total bottles, with a cost of $20 per bottle + shipping (USPS Priority Mail) within the US. Of course, I'll only be able to add any extra pre-orders if I get to 27-30 bottles total, otherwise I'll have to limit this to the first 14 orders.