The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Time Zone Issues

classifieds timezone

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tootles

Tootles

Donor Pen

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 20:44

Hi all,

With all due respect could I request that members selling in the classifieds please take into account the time differential that other members are experiencing. I was in the process of making enquiries yesterday on one of two very nice pens that fitted perfectly into my budget when I was essentially informed that both had been sold before my last enquiry was answered. Not a nice thing to be told.

Edited by Cryptos, 04 June 2014 - 01:54.

Sponsored Content

#2 Joker4Eva

Joker4Eva

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 June 2014 - 22:18

Hi all,

With all due respect could I request that members selling in the classifieds please take into account the time differential that other members are experiencing. I was in the process of making enquiries yesterday on one of two very nice pens that fitted perfectly into my budget when I was essentially informed that both had been sold before my last enquiry was answered.

So, as it stands I am none too impressed with that turn of events... actually that's an understatment. I was extremely upset by this as it is probably an opportunity that will not happen again.

I don't have much to offer, and I don't ask for much either, but I do ask to be given a fair go. More fool me I guess. Seriously giving some thought to Pajaro's suggestion to give the whole hobby up and do something else instead.

I personally think it's up to the sellers who have the choice of when they choose to list their pens. 

That said, if you came first, I think it's only honorable if the seller gives you priority, and lets the other potential buyers know that someone else has gotten there first.

#3 OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 June 2014 - 22:42

Hi all,

Seriously giving some thought to Pajaro's suggestion to give the whole hobby up and do something else instead.

No, that won't work either.

Everything that has conspired to ensure you didn't enjoy fountain pens would just follow you over to the new hobby.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

#4 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,154 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 June 2014 - 22:56

The first I'll take it usually determines who will get the object.  If you show an interest but someone else steps up and commits they should get the object.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

#5 Tootles

Tootles

Donor Pen

• Away
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 23:05

I have removed my other replies as they are irrelevant to the issue, represent the frustrated rantings of a man under a great deal of personal strain, and are unfair on members who sell through the forum or who offer suport in other ways.

The original post stands, albeit with some detritus removed.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I will withdraw now.

Edited by Cryptos, 04 June 2014 - 01:54.

#6 fledermaus89

fledermaus89

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 June 2014 - 23:07

I'm a bit confused; how did time zone difference play a role in this?

#7 Tootles

Tootles

Donor Pen

• Away
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 23:16

**GONE**

Edited by Cryptos, 04 June 2014 - 01:52.

#8 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,154 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:11

I hold to the ideal of being fair and equitable to the greatest extent that my meagre ability allows. My fault is in embracing the romantic notion that others will cleave to a similar principle. However, despite the seemingly endless trail of people who disappoint, I will not stop trying to be kind to others. And yet, as I am not perfect by any interpretation of the word, I will occasionally give in to frustration and vent a bit.

There's a seller on the 'bay, for instance, who is keen to get me a Skyline. He wants to know my budget. If I say $80 (for example) he will offer me a pen at that price. Not one cent lower. While I may be a tad cynical about online sellers, experience has shown that this is precisely what happens. I would expect better from a community of enthusiasts - perhaps naively so - which is why I prefer to trawl the classifieds. The latest episode has not endeared me to this notion.

What can I say, except that if the postions were reversed you should be assured I would not treat any of you that way. Believe it or not, it's up to you, but I am not given to lying.

Where is there any indication of lying or even discourtesy?

Had you said "I will buy it?"

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

#9 Tootles

Tootles

Donor Pen

• Away
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:31

**GONE**

Edited by Cryptos, 04 June 2014 - 01:51.

#10 carlos.q

carlos.q

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:25

I have removed my other replies as they are irrelevant to the issue, represent the frustrated rantings of a man under a great deal of personal strain, and are unfair on members who sell through the forum or who offer suport in other ways.

Anybody can have a bad day or pass through a rough patch. No harm done.
I have found very helpful people (and sellers) within the FP community, not only here on FPN but also in FP Geeks. Don't have experience with Ebay. Guess the moniker "Evil Bay" has kept me away. ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: classifieds, timezone

Sponsored Content

|