L.e.kingsize "in Flanders Fields1914-2014" Final Package

fountainbel

Speaking of Flanders - you guys should make a pen with a piece of cobblestone from Paris-Roubaix or Flanders. I'd buy that in a heartbeat!!!

Good idea, thank you !

Maybe we could launch a " Paris Roubaix" LE edition in the future…..

Francis

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainbel

• arran

• de_pen_dent

• Opooh

Wow! Great looking pen and packaging, tasteful as someone else commented. I especially like that you include the history that inspired the pen.

Good idea, thank you !

Maybe we could launch a " Paris Roubaix" LE edition in the future…..

Francis

Put me down for one already (there are enough cyclistas here, as you can see on the Chatter forum, and some of us even race).

I'll take an 8 hour flight from Asia to pick it up and then ride the pre-P-R Sportive with that pen in my jersey pocket. And I am not kidding - make one and I will do just that!

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

• 3 weeks later...

Put me down for one already (there are enough cyclistas here, as you can see on the Chatter forum, and some of us even race).

I'll take an 8 hour flight from Asia to pick it up and then ride the pre-P-R Sportive with that pen in my jersey pocket. And I am not kidding - make one and I will do just that!

Hi

I just discussed the possibility of a Paris - Roubaix LE Kingsize with Werner, the owner of CONID.

And …. Werner likes the idea very much.

When we are so far, we will surely imbed a part of an original cobble stone from the " Hell of the North" in the pen.

It would be nice to hear if any other cyclist fans would be interested in such an LE Kingsize Bulk filler .

Keep tuned !

Francis

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that only 2 streamlines and only 1 flat top version of the "In Flanders fields"L.E Kingsize are still available at Conid...

Francis

PS Attached a video showing the hand engraving of the pen by Arnoud

Interesting video, Francis. Especially the way to grab the item is "novel". The alternative uses of a bike chain...

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Holy Smokes! That is gorgeous! Great package, I look forward to the day when I can buy a pen like that and not worry about paying for shoes for the kids. *sigh* I am sure those getting these pens will be very pleased and proud.

Some people say they march to a different drummer. Me? I hear bagpipes.

Hi

I just discussed the possibility of a Paris - Roubaix LE Kingsize with Werner, the owner of CONID.

And …. Werner likes the idea very much.

When we are so far, we will surely imbed a part of an original cobble stone from the " Hell of the North" in the pen.

It would be nice to hear if any other cyclist fans would be interested in such an LE Kingsize Bulk filler .

Keep tuned !

Francis

That's awesome. You have no idea how excited i am about this pen.

I've asked on the Cyclists Awaken section on Chatter - let's see if anyone else is interested!

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

• 4 weeks later...

Me too... awaiting a Fountainbel ™ titanium EF!

Edited by mongrelnomad

Too many pens; too little writing.

I am waiting for an italic made by Francis in this stunning pen.

But have a F Titaninum nib in my streamline bulkfiller and am using this pen for more than 1 year now.

I must say that the filling system is reliable and concerning the nib ' highly personnel of course .

One thing is that I never had flow or skipping issues with this pen.

The big advantage with Conid is that you have fountainbel to finetune your nib if needed.

I have a titanium EF in the Delrin streamline Bulkfiller I bought in October last year. The nib (tuned by Francis while I waited at the London pen show) is wonderful, and Inhave found the filling system to be remarkably foolproof. As I travel a lot, the pen has become the single most dependable that I own and, as such, indespensible. I can't wait for the Tibaldi celluloid...

Too many pens; too little writing.

I have a titanium EF in the Delrin streamline Bulkfiller I bought in October last year. The nib (tuned by Francis while I waited at the London pen show) is wonderful, and Inhave found the filling system to be remarkably foolproof. As I travel a lot, the pen has become the single most dependable that I own and, as such, indespensible. I can't wait for the Tibaldi celluloid...

Good news !

Conid will start shipping the pens out next week !

Francis