L.e.kingsize "in Flanders Fields1914-2014" Final Package

fountainbel

Hi fountain pen friends !

Attached the pictures of the finished Kingsize Bulk filler L.E "In Flanders Fields 1914-2014" in Tibaldi Impero celluloid.
Pens are produced in remembrance of the centenary of the "Great war" 1914-2014.
The pen size is similar to the size of a Montblanc 149/ Pelikan M1000 and - thanks to the unique Bulk filler system- takes 3ml of ink
Pens will become available as from mid June , i.e within 2 weeks.
As specified before, only 10 numbered flat tops and 10 streamline versions will be made.
At this date 9 pens are already reserved.
For prices and reservations please contact directly CONID: werner@conid.be
Regards,Francis

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainbel

• arran

• de_pen_dent

• Opooh

I've always loved that poem and the pen is just superb, just gorgeous!

Francis- it is superb. Too bad I still cant afford it!!!!:) Must get in better health, I have spend enough to buy about 5 of these Kingsize pens in the past year.

Thank you all for your encouraging comments, much appreciated !

Note the famous poem "In Flanders Fields" of John McCrae is engraved in the plate on the flap of the box.

Also look at the hand engraved 'In Flanders Fields 1914 −2014 " in the barrel, with under this engraving the serial number of the pen.

Under the dog plate there is also a tool to open and disassemble the pen, and a USB stick with a brief history of the "Great War" in Flanders fields.

Francis

Hi Francis,

One more question.

In the prototype-stage of the IFF bulkfiller, you mentionned the possibility to buy a. Streamline with extra parts to change it to a Flat Top and vice versa, is thuis stille going on or not?

Grts,

André.

Hello Andre,

Theoretically one could buy an additional filling knob and cap enclosure nut to transform the pen in the alternative execution.

However the pen is marked LE XX/10 "FT" or "SL" according the initial choice .

So when installing the non initial chosen parts, the FT or SL marking is not coherent.

Given this fact CONID is somewhat reluctant in offering this possibility.

Francis

Hi Francis,

One more question.
In the prototype-stage of the IFF bulkfiller, you mentionned the possibility to buy a. Streamline with extra parts to change it to a Flat Top and vice versa, is thuis stille going on or not?

Grts,

André.

The celluloid looks very similar to that of a Bexley 2006 Owners Club pen that I used to own.

The celluloid looks very similar to that of a Bexley 2006 Owners Club pen that I used to own.

This celluloid was first used for the Tibaldi Imperio, and has since been used for a variety of limited production pens including both 2006 Bexley OC and Conid Flanders Fields.

This celluloid was first used for the Tibaldi Imperio, and has since been used for a variety of limited production pens including both 2006 Bexley OC and Conid Flanders Fields.

Correct "raging dragon" !

Unfortunately this beautiful celluloid is no longer available on the market…..

This is the major reason why the Kingsize " In Flanders Fields" Bulk filler was made in a small series of 10 flat top and 10 streamline pens.

We don't have more material available...

Francis

Wow Francis, that is amazing. I will never forget my visit to Essex farm where McCrae worked. It is a trip I highly recommend to fellow Canadians who wish to know more about the Great War.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

Wow Francis, that is amazing. I will never forget my visit to Essex farm where McCrae worked. It is a trip I highly recommend to fellow Canadians who wish to know more about the Great War.

Thanks for your reaction orfew, I've also visited Essex farm last year, very impressing…..

BTW : Already 12 " In Flanders Fields" LE's have been reserved till now.

Note these L.E pens will be ready for shipment by the end of next week

Francis

Speaking of Flanders - you guys should make a pen with a piece of cobblestone from Paris-Roubaix or Flanders. I'd buy that in a heartbeat!!!

Edited by de_pen_dent

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

What a beautiful pen, and what tasteful packaging.

Well done Francis

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Thank you all for your nice comments !

Good news: 13 ordered pens will be shipped next week !

I'll be at CONID Thursday for a final check.

Francis