The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Fountain Pen Crime In Berkeley, Ca

theft limited edition fountain pens collection

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#121 MHBru

MHBru

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:59

If campus police, which is charged with public safety, didn't notify you of an ongoing issue you may have an actionable claim against them. I'd check with attorney

Sponsored Content

#122 AltecGreen

AltecGreen

Pen Snob

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 17:20

John: I just moved to Berkeley last week so I am seeing this 3 years after the sad event.  I would like to know if there are fountain pen stores/fountain pen afficionados club in Berkeley?

Francois

Castle in the Air on Fourth Street in Berkeley.   There's also a stationery store on Solano Ave.

The two primary "clubs" in the Bay Area is the Pen Posse and the Pan Pacific Pen Club.   The Pen Posse is mainly based in Milbrae although we move around occasionally going as far as Sacramento and Santa Cruz.  Right now, the Pen Posse meets weekly and is about as active as pen groups get.  I tend to be the point of contact for the Pen Posse since I call all of the meetings.

The Pan Pacific Pen Club is a more formal organization and meets quarterly.  The PPPC has its roots in vintage pens and the meetings are like mini pen shows.  The next meeting is July 29th at the North Berkeley Library. 

Then there is the SF Pen Show in August (see my sig).  For full disclosue, I'm one of the three organizers of the SF Pen Show.

2020 San Francisco Pen Show        
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

#123 fjoly79ink

fjoly79ink

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 July 2017 - 16:55

Tahnk you AltecGreen, I will look into it!

#124 adamselene

adamselene

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:14

Better to have loved and lost...

I think of losses as "educational." We all must learn to let go.

There is a famous story of Ghandi's stolen fountain pen.

I am not Ghandi, but I can admire his humility.

Cheers!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: theft, limited edition, fountain pens, collection

Sponsored Content

|