Info On Mont Blanc Pour Vacheron Constantin

alanthailad

Chris - one sold on eBay recently for US$1,450, but since I could only find one instance of this (vs. many garden-variety 146s) I'm not sure whether this is an accurate estimate or not. However, it does speak to the rarity of this particular pen...

Thanks so much for this information! Do you know if this was an auction or Buy it Now format? I would like to sell mine, but need to know what price to ask that is reasonable, unless I simply auction it off.

Chris Henline

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chrishenline

• alanthailad

• JLS1

• WilsonLaidaw

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FWIW, I wasn't able to pull up the details about this item (eBay is blocked at work) but it looked like a regular auction, not a BIN transaction. There is a similar pen on eBay but the seller is asking about $5K, which is preposterous, IMHO.

I'll try to check again when I've got a freer Internet connection...

I see one from italy on eBay asking 3999$, You're indeed looking for Vacheron fans and not Montblanc ones though

Hahaha all great replies! I may throw it up on eBay just to see what I can get. I honestly need money more than I need this pen laying around. It's still in mint condition, so I suspect someone will enjoy it. We'll hope some VC collector has ALOT of disposable income he wants to throw at me :lticaptd:

Hahaha all great replies! I may throw it up on eBay just to see what I can get. I honestly need money more than I need this pen laying around. It's still in mint condition, so I suspect someone will enjoy it. We'll hope some VC collector has ALOT of disposable income he wants to throw at me :lticaptd:

OK, I just checked and it turned out that the VC pen was sold with "Best offer accepted", which means it probably did NOT sell for the $1,450 asking price...sorry about that. You can see the original listing here.

(With that said, you're not far away from having 30 posts, which would allow you to sell the pen via the FPN classifieds.)

Well this is a ballpoint pen and I have the 146, so perhaps there is a price difference in my favor. It's crazy that out of hundreds of pens, this is one that no one seems to know the value! I'm a risk taker, so I may throw it at eBay to see what happens :) I'll try to contribute more to FPN forums so that I can post on classifieds! I am a private dealer so I can hopefully list some great deals for you guys! I'm glad I found FPN!!

So I just spoke with the seller of the 164 VC and he says it sold for $1,200. Now we know at least how much the 164 is bringing, so all I need to find is the 146 now haha! For all interested, send me a PM. I'll post it in the classifieds as soon as I get 30 posts :)

I received one of these ball points as a prize on the Swiss Lakes Classic Car Rally, which was sponsored by Vacherin Constantin, for the most elegant car in the rally (a Ferrari 275 GTB/4 NART Spyder). I just got back to the UK, when my wife saw it and said "oh I need a nice new pen" and it was gone. As I don't use ball points, due to having arthritic hands, it was no great loss.

Wilson

I received one of these ball points as a prize on the Swiss Lakes Classic Car Rally, which was sponsored by Vacherin Constantin, for the most elegant car in the rally (a Ferrari 275 GTB/4 NART Spyder). I just got back to the UK, when my wife saw it and said "oh I need a nice new pen" and it was gone. As I don't use ball points, due to having arthritic hands, it was no great loss.

Wilson

:lticaptd: Story of my life!!! Nice car by the way, I'm an enthusiast, but haven't bitten the bullet to get anything special yet haha!

:lticaptd: Story of my life!!! Nice car by the way, I'm an enthusiast, but haven't bitten the bullet to get anything special yet haha!

Not my car I am afraid, I was the co-driver but it is one of those cars better admired than driven. It looks and sounds lovely but was specifically made for hollywood A listers to cruise up and down the LA boulevards in sunshine (they only made 10 of them). It is very heavy, the 3.3L 4 cam engine does not make a lot of low and middle torque, so diesel GT Golfs leave you in the dust. In rain, it leaks everywhere, as Ferrari/Scaglietti omitted to put in body seals. Your feet and legs are soon soaking and soon after your shoulders too. The steering is quite heavy and it suffers from bad scuttle shake on rough roads. Still it has been a fantastic investment for the owner, who is now selling it, as he thinks the absurd Ferrari boom is near the top. Here is a picture of it in the mountains above Montreux on the rally. You can see it has completely misted up inside as it is awash. We had to stop and buy two sets of waterproof overalls to keep reasonably dry and warm, since the heater is about as powerful as a butterfly coughing at you. Still we won a pair of MB VC pens :D

Wilson

post-121747-0-43630600-1428130725_thumb.jpg

No offence Wilson- it's a beautiful car- but I would prefer the 20 GT in the background

No offence Wilson- it's a beautiful car- but I would prefer the 20 GT in the background

That is a Lusso - and so would I ( and keep the $15 million odd change in my pocket).

Wilson

Whoops- pardon the typo Wilson- I did mean 250GT.

The Lusso is my dream Ferrari!!!! The lines on it are just gorgeous and that V12 is just sweet.

Now if only I could win Lotto.........

For a collector of VC stuff this would be quite appealing, try post it on the watch forums, you will surely get a lot of feedback

For a collector of VC stuff this would be quite appealing, try post it on the watch forums, you will surely get a lot of feedback

Great idea! I will! It really is a beautiful piece and I think it would appeal to both MB and VC collectors, but we'll see how the attention is drawn :)