Info On Mont Blanc Pour Vacheron Constantin

alanthailad

Hi guys,

I've recently obtained a Montblanc ballpoint pen and have been trying to find information on it but can find next to nothing. The instrument I have is known as 'Mont Blanc pour Vacheron Constantin' ball point pen and I was wondering if any one has any information on it and can help me value it?

http://image.invaluable.com/housePhotos/Tajan/00/325500/H0965-L40251076.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chrishenline

• alanthailad

• JLS1

• WilsonLaidaw

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

as I understand.... it was a corporate gift by vacheron constantin (a swiss watch maker company) to celebrate a certain no. of years and was distributed among its staff. o basically a special order pen from the company and not an official limited edition by montblanc.

I fountain pen version was advertised in the classified section here for some time. I am not sure , what it went for.

Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

That looks like a typical corporate advertising give away pen. likely given as incentive when a watch was sold. Since VC is also part of the Richemont group it would be a reasonably match.

It looks like one of the really small Montblanc ball points so I'd guess it might bring $100.00 or so with box and papers.

My Website

This is a lovely pen that I have always wanted. It is the Meisterstück Doué Signum Classique. I believe the cap is stainless steel and the barrel is black resin with rows of the Montblanc logo etched in.

They are for sale at around $500 for a new ballpoint on eBay. It's on the MB website for $695 retail.

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

This is a lovely pen that I have always wanted. It is the Meisterstück Doué Signum Classique. I believe the cap is stainless steel and the barrel is black resin with rows of the Montblanc logo etched in.

They are for sale at around $500 for a new ballpoint on eBay. It's on the MB website for $695 retail.

thanks! :)

I found out that it was for Vacheron Constantin's 125th anniversary.

I would think that adds value to it?

No, unfortunately it rather decreases the value

I'll take it off your hands for $50.....

😉😉

It might increase interest from folk that own Vacheron Constantin merchandise but generally corporate advertising seriously reduces value.

My Website

Unless there's something different not shown in the picture, the pen is the same as what is sold on eBay and what MB sells/sold from their website and stores. The only difference I would think is the box or any paperwork. So if you're trying to sell it and don't have luck with the gift box, try buying a MB box and throw it in that. It's still an expensive pen especially if new and unused.

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

actually it is quite different...in the sense that the pen is engraved with rows of vacheron constantin symbol.

in the fountain pen even the nib has V.C logo.

look here...

f.p, b.p

It might increase interest from folk that own Vacheron Constantin merchandise but generally corporate advertising seriously reduces value.

+1

Yes, the engraved symbols are different ... but still ... why should a Montblanc collector be interested in the VC edition? Personally, I would always prefer the Montblanc Signum over the VC. But I expect that for VC collectors, its the opposite.

Edited by fountainpende

www.fountainpen.de - the website for Montblanc and Astoria collectors

logo.gif

Well I obviously don't know about this pen! From the blurry picture, it just looked the same as the pen with the MB logo engraved in the barrel.

Unlike general opinion I believe it's value might appreciate nicely over time since it's a relatively rare and unique pen that was consigned by a high end watch company considered to be part of the holy trinity of watch brands. It might be worth a lot to the right person.

So OP, beware of lowball estimates and offers.

Edited by pen jubky

Unlike general opinion I believe it's value might appreciate nicely over time since it's a relatively rare and unique pen that was consigned by a high end watch company considered to be part of the holy trinity of watch brands. It might be worth a lot to the right person.

appreciate it! I wish I could find a rough estimate though! haha

• 1 month later...

here are some photos I took of the pen.

Hello alanthailad,

I'm VC collector and this pen looks interesting to me. Could you check your PM, please?

• 2 weeks later...

Vacheron Constantin is one of the top watch manufactures. A skeleton Patrimony is in the neighborhood of $65,000. And that is not the top of their range (multiples higher).

A Montblanc pen like this would be sold for much more on a watch website. Watcheseek has, I think, a pen sub-forum. You want watch nuts, not pen nuts.

+1

• 7 months later...

Hey guys, sorry to bring up an old thread, but I have a VC 146. I'm saving money for a ring for my girl so it is time to sell the beautiful piece :) does anyone know the value of this piece? Also, is anyone interested in buying for a reasonable price? Thanks in advance for your help!

Chris Henline

post-114936-0-84568800-1427735924_thumb.jpeg

post-114936-0-58827800-1427735928_thumb.jpeg

post-114936-0-82407700-1427735932_thumb.jpg

post-114936-0-63011900-1427735936_thumb.jpeg

post-114936-0-75403100-1427735940_thumb.jpeg

Chris - one sold on eBay recently for US$1,450, but since I could only find one instance of this (vs. many garden-variety 146s) I'm not sure whether this is an accurate estimate or not. However, it does speak to the rarity of this particular pen...