The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Info On Mont Blanc Pour Vacheron Constantin

vacheron constantin limited edition mont blanc

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 alanthailad

alanthailad

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 June 2014 - 15:20

Hi guys,

I've recently obtained a Montblanc ballpoint pen and have been trying to find information on it but can find next to nothing. The instrument I have is known as 'Mont Blanc pour Vacheron Constantin' ball point pen and I was wondering if any one has any information on it and can help me value it?

H0965-L40251076.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Keyless Works

Keyless Works

Antique

• FPN Donor - Iridium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 June 2014 - 15:36

No specific info on this one but from the box it sounds like a gift for buying a watch or multiple watches...both are part of the Richemont family. 

#3 vikrmbedi

vikrmbedi

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 June 2014 - 15:36

as I understand.... it was a corporate gift by vacheron constantin (a swiss watch maker company) to celebrate a certain no. of years and was distributed among its staff. o basically a special order pen from the company and not an official limited edition by montblanc.

I fountain pen version was advertised in the classified section here for some time. I am not sure , what it went for.

#4 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,155 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 June 2014 - 15:40

Welcome home.  Pull up a stump and set a spell.

That looks like a typical corporate advertising give away pen. likely given as incentive when a watch was sold.  Since VC is also part of the Richemont group it would be a reasonably match.

It looks like one of the really small Montblanc ball points so I'd guess it might bring $100.00 or so with box and papers.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

#5 Mister Mont Blanc

Mister Mont Blanc

Mr. Montblanc has cheated and fallen in love with Mr. Visconti

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 June 2014 - 16:40

This is a lovely pen that I have always wanted. It is the Meisterstück Doué Signum Classique. I believe the cap is stainless steel and the barrel is black resin with rows of the Montblanc logo etched in.

They are for sale at around $500 for a new ballpoint on eBay. It's on the MB website for $695 retail.

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

#6 alanthailad

alanthailad

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:42

This is a lovely pen that I have always wanted. It is the Meisterstück Doué Signum Classique. I believe the cap is stainless steel and the barrel is black resin with rows of the Montblanc logo etched in.

They are for sale at around $500 for a new ballpoint on eBay. It's on the MB website for $695 retail.

thanks!  :)

I found out that it was for Vacheron Constantin's 125th anniversary.

I would think that adds value to it?

#7 salesguy

salesguy

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 June 2014 - 18:53

No, unfortunately it rather decreases the value

I'll take it off your hands for $50.....

😉😉

#8 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,155 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 June 2014 - 19:56

It might increase interest from folk that own Vacheron Constantin merchandise but generally corporate advertising seriously reduces value.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

#9 Mister Mont Blanc

Mister Mont Blanc

• Member - Gold

• 859 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 June 2014 - 21:25

Unless there's something different not shown in the picture, the pen is the same as what is sold on eBay and what MB sells/sold from their website and stores. The only difference I would think is the box or any paperwork. So if you're trying to sell it and don't have luck with the gift box, try buying a MB box and throw it in that. It's still an expensive pen especially if new and unused.

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

#10 vikrmbedi

vikrmbedi

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2014 - 15:21

actually it is quite different...in the sense that the pen is engraved with rows of vacheron constantin symbol.

in the fountain pen even the nib has V.C logo.

look here...

f.p, b.p

#11 fountainpende

fountainpende

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 15:35

It might increase interest from folk that own Vacheron Constantin merchandise but generally corporate advertising seriously reduces value.

+1

Yes, the engraved symbols are different ... but still ... why should a Montblanc collector be interested in the VC edition? Personally, I would always prefer the Montblanc Signum over the VC. But I expect that for VC collectors, its the opposite.

Edited by fountainpende, 05 June 2014 - 15:35.

www.fountainpen.de- the website for Montblanc and Astoria collectors

Posted Image

#12 Mister Mont Blanc

Mister Mont Blanc

• Member - Gold

• 859 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2014 - 18:25

Well I obviously don't know about this pen! From the blurry picture, it just looked the same as the pen with the MB logo engraved in the barrel.

#13 pen jubky

pen jubky

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2014 - 13:46

Unlike general opinion I believe it's value might appreciate nicely over time since it's a relatively rare and unique pen that was consigned by a high end watch company considered to be part of the holy trinity of watch brands. It might be worth a lot to the right person.

So OP, beware of lowball estimates and offers.

Edited by pen jubky, 08 June 2014 - 13:57.

#14 alanthailad

alanthailad

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:25

Unlike general opinion I believe it's value might appreciate nicely over time since it's a relatively rare and unique pen that was consigned by a high end watch company considered to be part of the holy trinity of watch brands. It might be worth a lot to the right person.

appreciate it! I wish I could find a rough estimate though! haha 

#15 alanthailad

alanthailad

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:26

here are some photos I took of the pen.

http://imgur.com/omY...02ZbMfG,asHd4tf

#16 iLarry

iLarry

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:57

here are some photos I took of the pen.

Hello alanthailad,

I'm VC collector and this pen looks interesting to me. Could you check your PM, please?

#17 Michigan

Michigan

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2014 - 00:19

Vacheron Constantin is one of the top watch manufactures. A skeleton Patrimony is in the neighborhood of $65,000. And that is not the top of their range (multiples higher).

A Montblanc pen like this would be sold for much more on a watch website. Watcheseek has, I think, a pen sub-forum. You want watch nuts, not pen nuts.

#18 meiers

meiers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,694 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2014 - 15:29

+1

#19 mb_collector_chris

mb_collector_chris

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2015 - 17:20

Hey guys, sorry to bring up an old thread, but I have a VC 146. I'm saving money for a ring for my girl so it is time to sell the beautiful piece :) does anyone know the value of this piece? Also, is anyone interested in buying for a reasonable price? Thanks in advance for your help!

Chris Henline

Attached Images

• Vacheron 1.jpeg
  • Vacheron 2.jpeg
  • Vacheron 3.JPG
  • Vacheron 4.jpeg
  • Vacheron 5.jpeg

#20 JLS1

JLS1

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2015 - 20:09

Chris - one sold on eBay recently for US$1,450, but since I could only find one instance of this (vs. many garden-variety 146s) I'm not sure whether this is an accurate estimate or not. However, it does speak to the rarity of this particular pen...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vacheron constantin, limited edition, mont blanc

Sponsored Content

|