The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Dinuoyang 818

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 vagabond

vagabond

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 22:41

I decided to handwrite this review, but in case you don't want to load the larger scans and read the handwritten review (click on the thumbs to expand), here's the short version:
--it was fairly cheap
--it is very pretty
--I like how it writes

cool.gif

Page one of review:
user posted image
Page two of review:
user posted image

With my inexpensive digital camera and complete lack of photography skills, I couldn't get a photo to turn out, so here is the one from ISellPens.com. While far better than my own attempts, it still doesn't do justice to the beauty of this pen!

user posted image

Edited by vagabond, 05 March 2007 - 00:29.

Sponsored Content

#2 325irollin

325irollin

Sith Lord

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:24

Very nice! drool.gif

#3 BklynWriter

BklynWriter

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 07:22

I have this pen in blue, and I must say that it has not been as an experience for me. I find that it is skipping quite a bit, especially on the downstroke. I've flushed, I've changed inks, and still the same thing. And I love the look and the weight, so I will play around with it a little bit more. I really really want to LOVE this pen.

deb
Posted Image

#4 lovemy51

lovemy51

legal? of course... and with all my papers. FP-friendly, mostly

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 22:46

QUOTE(BklynWriter @ Dec 26 2007, 07:22 AM) View Post
I have this pen in blue, and I must say that it has not been as an experience for me. I find that it is skipping quite a bit, especially on the downstroke. I've flushed, I've changed inks, and still the same thing. And I love the look and the weight, so I will play around with it a little bit more. I really really want to LOVE this pen.

deb

i got the same pen as vagabond from isellpens.com for about $10 USD on a close out sale. i'm not sure if the blue one is the same model and just defferent color. anyways... mine is smooth enough for me to "like" it (notice i did not say "love").

still, i use in my rotation specially to match my copper tone (or similar) neck-ties, shoes... and so forth. roflmho.gif

what inks and paper did you use?

#5 bizerkel

bizerkel

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 16:35

QUOTE(lovemy51 @ Dec 26 2007, 05:46 PM) View Post
QUOTE(BklynWriter @ Dec 26 2007, 07:22 AM) View Post

deb

i got the same pen as vagabond from isellpens.com for about $10 USD on a close out sale. i'm not sure if the blue one is the same model and just defferent color. anyways... mine is smooth enough for me to "like" it (notice i did not say "love").

still, i use in my rotation specially to match my copper tone (or similar) neck-ties, shoes... and so forth. roflmho.gif

what inks and paper did you use?

I got the black with silver trim 818 for Christmas. Mine will occasionally skip, but not so much that it would keep me from using it. It's a very sharp looking pen that writes remarkably smooth for $10

#6 bizerkel

bizerkel

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 16:36

Oh, also, the converter seems to hold more than the universal Waterman type converters, so that's a bonus.

#7 isellpens

isellpens

isellpens

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2008 - 18:07

Unfortunately this brand did not sell that well and I have discontinued them. Very few our now left on my site at: www.isellpens.com . So, If you want one don't wait as they will not last much longer.

#8 lovemy51

lovemy51

• Member - Gold

• 4,628 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:58

just revived this old thing to say: what a sweet nib these pens have. both my copper and black pens perform flawlessly. when i first commented on this post it was just ok, now i find them just awesome! did they get better with time?... idunno!

too bad they are not around anymore.

#9 Whelan_d

Whelan_d

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 January 2014 - 16:28

New to this forum.
I have the copper version.
I love it--how it writes, how it looks, how it feels in my hand.
Certainly does get better in terms of any skipping.
Have repaired the cap several times and have been hunting down another one for the past six years.
Got the original from Norman Haase of "Hisnibs.com".

#10 lovemy51

lovemy51

• Member - Gold

• 4,628 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:36

New to this forum.
I have the copper version.
I love it--how it writes, how it looks, how it feels in my hand.
Certainly does get better in terms of any skipping.
Have repaired the cap several times and have been hunting down another one for the past six years.
Got the original from Norman Haase of "Hisnibs.com".

hi and :W2FPN:

glad you like it... I have both copper and black versions of this pen.

Sponsored Content

|