The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Let's See Your Ink Collection Set-Up!

ink display colors collection too much ink

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#101 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,563 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 August 2016 - 19:40

Wow Amberlea!! I really like the stepped shelves, gotta remember to look for those again. Just out of curiosity...it's that *all* the bottled ink you have?

The stepped shelves are spice shelves, but they aren't quite deep enough so I added pen boxes in between to get them to stack better. It takes hours to get them to stack right.

And no, that's not "all" remember that doesn't include the Noodler's or Scribes inks or most of the Robert Osters,

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Sponsored Content

#102 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 36,563 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 August 2016 - 19:40

Not to worry about their containers, 

Just slap some packing tape around those boxes, affix MY address on a label & send 'em to me; I have an old walnut, 8 foot tall, bookcase from my Great Grandfather, in which I will be happy to store them properly for you.  They will be residing in the living room as the center of attention. Nope, no sir, No way should this be allowed to go on, I just can't stand to think of YOUR inks in "tattered, mismatched, old boxes," SEND 'em on, it's the LEAST I can do for you.  AND I would be happy to offer unrestricted visitation, ANYTIME!  

YOUR inks deserve NO less than to be together.  I don't mind @ all.

ROFL

Migo, I'm happy to hold on to your inks too.  :)

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

#103 webgeckos

webgeckos

The Goodest Twin

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 August 2016 - 23:43

B8y0olI.png

Kinda-sorta organized.  Inks on bottom shelf are hard to get, retired, or my favs (NB all the bung box inks.)  Top is currently available. Also have a drawn full of sealed MB inks, along with some 1670 J Herbins that I don't use in FPs but might use with a dip pen.

#104 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 36,563 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:52

That looks awesome!!!

And use those inks! I use my 1670s in FPs with no problem .. though I do use wet writing pens.

#105 webgeckos

webgeckos

The Goodest Twin

• Member - Gold

• 2,626 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:22

I am too fastious about pens to use them in my vintages pens. And I really like how they look when doing calligraphy.

I have this borrowed Karas Kustom though.... Hmmm. Ps I need to send that back to ya!

#106 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 36,563 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2016 - 20:18

I hadn't forgotten.  :)

#107 webgeckos

webgeckos

The Goodest Twin

• Member - Gold

• 2,626 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2016 - 20:58

We had an axe murderer in my neighborhood last night and this morning. He stole you pen. Yeah. That's it!

#108 helene20

helene20

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 18:31

My small collection at the moment, I will add some inks before the holidays.

Schedule

Attached Images

• 1.JPG
  • 2.JPG

Edited by helene20, 29 August 2016 - 18:32.

#109 Pravda

Pravda

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,516 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 August 2016 - 20:29

I own 3 Bottles of ink!! Pretty good start.  :-)

I saw the attached photo on another site. I don't think I'll get there any time soon. enough ink.jpg

Just wow! I personally have too many inks for my liking, but this picture is a tad too much.

#110 stonezebra

stonezebra

Collectors Item

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 August 2016 - 21:24

My small collection at the moment, I will add some inks before the holidays.

Schedule

Looks like you're off to a good start! Love your coffee/tea set and desk. Do you enjoy a cup or coffee or tea while writing? I know I do. :)

#111 helene20

helene20

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 13:07

Schedule

Looks like you're off to a good start! Love your coffee/tea set and desk. Do you enjoy a cup or coffee or tea while writing? I know I do. :)

Thank you. Yes I do always have either coffee or tea when I'm writing. It goes together :)

#112 Cdub24

Cdub24

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 September 2016 - 00:37

no set up but a couple of bottles lying around the place!

Attached Images

• 123456.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ink, display, colors, collection, too much ink

Sponsored Content

|