Let's See Your Ink Collection Set-Up!

mjhullett

I own 3 Bottles of ink!! Pretty good start. :-)

I saw the attached photo on another site. I don't think I'll get there any time soon.attachicon.gifenough ink.jpg

I was looking for this photo. I love this collection. I have aspirations (delusions).

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Lou Erickson

• saskia_madding

• SujiCorp12345

fpn_1402956996__fountain-pen-ink-005w.jp

Identifying the inks from this angle can sometimes be problematic.

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

I saw the attached photo on another site. I don't think I'll get there any time soon.attachicon.gifenough ink.jpg

Oh my!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4f_4pakI/AAAAAAAAA14/_d-MITGtqvY/s1600/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpgMember since July 2012... so many inks, so little time!

To err is human, to make a real mess, you need a computer.

Yeh, this is what my ink collection wants to be when it grows up.

post-113089-0-99150300-1402947732.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Oh, now I understand why I think that my 48 inks are too few.

Oh, now I understand why I think that my 48 inks are too few.

Exactly, I have ink envy.

• 4 months later...

Now I'm jealous!!!!! Just a couple of those rows of ink would satisfy my deepest need. Let's see...1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,30,40,50....sounds good to me.

I do see some empty bottles.. but even still, I am ink-vious.

This is what it looks like today, 79 bottles. I am waiting for Iro Tsutsuji and Herbin Stormy Grey to arrive. I have to put some boxes on top of each other now so you can't see all, but there is no way around it.

I need 2 more Iro colors - Kosumosu and Tsukushi, and I will have the complete range. My collection will be more or less complete... (Yeah, right:))

post-116611-0-15499800-1415275815_thumb.jpg

Edited by Morwen

Maybe a newb question,but I was under the impression that light exposure degraded ink in some way. Any concerns of having ink on display out in the open?

http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

Maybe a newb question,but I was under the impression that light exposure degraded ink in some way. Any concerns of having ink on display out in the open?

The usual wisdom here is that, exposed to light for years, inks will change. Many of us keep them in a drawer or their original boxes to try and prevent that. Cabinets with doors would work too.

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts

NO NO NO

I've done a year long test with inks in a window. NONE OF THEM FADED when in the bottles. Once they were on paper, totally different story.

NO NO NO

I've done a year long test with inks in a window. NONE OF THEM FADED when in the bottles. Once they were on paper, totally different story.

Did they fade faster than before when on paper?

I doubt it.

Testing that will take more time.

Oh, yes, your box of ink is a sight to behold! It inspired me to order the iro tsutsuji :)

Very nice, Morwen! I just got a Big Box of Ink and haven't figured out where they go yet. We may be moving soon, so I may live with it in the box till that's sorted.

NO NO NO

Look! Facts! Empirical evidence! UNPOSSIBLE!

So, okay, that's wrong. Amberlea tested it, and she knows fading. So, it's wrong. Yay!

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts

:) Thank you!

It's actually not intuitive. The chemistry would sugggest that the inks should fade in the bottle. The evidence shows differently.

Now, some inks disintegrate over time independent of light or heat. Yes, Pelikan we are talking about you.

I don't know about fading, but I know about mold. I found that I accidentally left some inks out of their boxes (I doubt that part made a difference) in an area that was near a heating vent. For a long time. I had no idea the hot air went that direction. I had to throw out all the inks except one because under the constantly warm conditions, they all grew gross stringy mold.