Help Identify Rare Platinum Vintage Model

luckduck369

I saw the picture below from Big Apple Pen Club Facebook page. From different source, I was told that they are Montblancs made in Italy prewar and offered the chance to buy one. However I have spent several days on the Internet with no luck finding any other information. Could someone please tell me more about them? I really appreciate it.

post-110235-0-99663300-1401327333_thumb.jpg

[update]

Thanks for all the inputs. My source contacted me again and said that the pen he has is a bit different from the picture, especially the body shape and the clip. He made a mistake there. After I receive more pictures from him tomorrow, I will update the picture here.

And yes, just like some of the posts mentioned, I have thought about these maybe Omas due to the shape and the clip. These pens look pretty close to the Milord I have, especially the position of the clip. I was thinking these are Montblancs because that's what I was told. Probably they are Omas because I found no evidence of them being Montblancs on the Internet.

Edited by luckduck369

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sarahfar

• Keyless Works

• bmwboris

• orfew

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I may be wrong- and I'm sure the more learned members will correct me if I am, but I think they may be an early Omas pen and not Montblanc.

The shape ( Multi facets on the body and cap) reminds me of a Danish made 25 model, but the caps on those Danish 25's are usually separated by the clip ring- not one piece like the photos you show. This integrated clip is more an Omas feature.

The clip and the band on the cap all look like OMAS to me.

Yes, the clip and celluloid look like the very vintage grey Arco pattern I have seen made by Omas in some collections. Not sure about the cap band though. The sizes and shapes of the ends seem to be a give a way that those at least were made by Omas.....

Yes, the clip and celluloid look like the very vintage grey Arco pattern I have seen made by Omas in some collections. Not sure about the cap band though. The sizes and shapes of the ends seem to be a give a way that those at least were made by Omas.....

It's true the band is nondescript but to me its a dead ringer for a 555 556 or 557 from the 50s.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2utm59u.jpg

Edited by Keyless Works

They do definitely look like Omas pens, and I was looking at one the other day ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Omas-Gentlemen-Fountain-Pen-/161314550006?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item258f18b0f6

I've never owned one, but my uncle, long since departed, had a lovely selection of them in his collection ( what happened to that collection? ). I've not handled one since I was a small lad, but he swore by them.

It's true the band is nondescript but to me its a dead ringer for a 555 556 or 557 from the 50s.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2utm59u.jpg

You are definitely right. I know I have seen that celluloid in some collections, it is really nice I think they called in gray Arco or something like that. I don't know why the Montblanc name is involved but the Italian maker has to be Omas. Good catch.

I don't know what they are and have no reason to disbelieve any member who says they are Omas pens. However, they aren't Montblanc pens.