The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Recommendations For Early June For Hiking Begginer

mont blanc chamonix early june

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 annagl

annagl

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:46

we are couple, and we are thinking about visiting Chamonix on June  3-7.
I was hiking before , but its the first time for my husband, and i'm looking for some "friendly"  one day hiking routes? (not in the snow, but in the valley)
is there any recommendations for us for this time of the year ?
what huts are opened during next week?
is there any other activity we can do in Chamonix during this days?

thank you all :)

Sponsored Content

#2 Eugen-of-Savoy

Eugen-of-Savoy

Numero Uno is Back !

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:36

Sorry, but you are on the forum about Montblanc pens, watches and other luxury goods, http://en.wikipedia....tblanc_(company). I think you will have to look elsewhere.

#3 _Stormin_

_Stormin_

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:52

LOL... I laughed for a solid minute. This has made my morning. I don't think I have ever had anyone actually think that I was, or they themselves were, referring to the "REAL' Montblanc.

I'll admit, unfamiliar with the mountain, but we do have members from all over the world, so your question may see some responses.

Edited by _Stormin_, 26 May 2014 - 11:53.

#4 chunya

chunya

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,588 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 May 2014 - 16:01

LOL... I laughed for a solid minute. This has made my morning. I don't think I have ever had anyone actually think that I was, or they themselves were, referring to the "REAL' Montblanc.

I'll admit, unfamiliar with the mountain, but we do have members from all over the world, so your question may see some responses.

Don't tell me they're all FAKES????

ps.....I have to admit that I was left puzzled for more than  a minute! All sorts of things went through my head ...is there a pen event at Chamonix? Do MB have a museum there? Then I scrolled down to Opooh's response!  Did I feel silly!

#5 canibanoglu

canibanoglu

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 May 2014 - 21:12

That was priceless :D

#6 fountainpende

fountainpende

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:14

:lticaptd:

Great! Thank you.

Mont Blanc = mountain

Montblanc = brand for writing instruments, watches etc.

However, many of us also mix both ... for example, if you search here, some users still use "Mont Blanc"  ... and refer to fountain pens ... which is also wrong.

Edited by fountainpende, 27 May 2014 - 12:33.

www.fountainpen.de- the website for Montblanc and Astoria collectors

Posted Image

#7 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:20

Absolutely hysterical. :lticaptd:

#8 GTOZack

GTOZack

ah that Deaf guy.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:27

Inquiring.  This never happened before!

'The Yo-Yo maneuver is very difficult to explain. It was first perfected by the well-known Chinese fighter pilot Yo-Yo Noritake. He also found it difficult to explain, being quite devoid of English.

So we left it at that. He showed us the maneuver after a sort.  B*****d stole my kill.'

-Squadron Leader K. G. Holland, RAF. WWII China.

#9 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 14:44

:lticaptd:

Great! Thank you.

Mont Blanc = mountain

Montblanc = brand for writing instruments, watches etc.

However, many of us also mix both ... for example, if you search here, some users still use "Mont Blanc"  ... and refer to fountain pens ... which is also wrong.

If you do a search for Montblanc on ebay it comes up with a number of items. If you add the phrase "Mont Blanc" to the search in the advanced box, the number is the same. So ebay have selected both spelling options as one search if you see what I mean

Edited by Chrissy, 27 May 2014 - 14:44.

#10 GTOZack

GTOZack

ah that Deaf guy.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 May 2014 - 15:17

Imagine this,  The couple shows up at the factory floor and taps on one of the gruff voiced German machinist asking him where the trail was. 

National Lampoon: Mont Blanc

'The Yo-Yo maneuver is very difficult to explain. It was first perfected by the well-known Chinese fighter pilot Yo-Yo Noritake. He also found it difficult to explain, being quite devoid of English.

So we left it at that. He showed us the maneuver after a sort.  B*****d stole my kill.'

#11 nigelg

nigelg

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 May 2014 - 15:21

Whew......I was just about to go to London Zoo to see the pelicans. :D

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift.
That's why it's called the present

#12 Zdenek

Zdenek

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 May 2014 - 15:27

Whew......I was just about to go to London Zoo to see the pelicans. :D

...what about to go to Saint Petersburg to see Aurora... :)

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” W. Churchill

#13 chunya

chunya

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,588 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 May 2014 - 15:28

Imagine this,  The couple shows up at the factory floor and taps on one of the gruff voiced German machinist asking him where the trail was. 

National Lampoon: Mont Blanc

Or queueing by the feed section waiting for breakfast?

Or spending too long in a Mont Blanc bierkeller and going home piston broke (sorry for that!)

#14 chunya

chunya

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,588 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 May 2014 - 15:30

Go to a North Face shop for a Parker?

I hope that she comes back and sees the funny side....she's certainly made a lot of people smile!

Edited by chunya, 27 May 2014 - 15:32.

#15 GTOZack

GTOZack

ah that Deaf guy.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 May 2014 - 15:37

:D hehe

#16 Eugen-of-Savoy

Eugen-of-Savoy

Numero Uno is Back !

• Member - Gold

• 1,558 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 May 2014 - 18:14

Imagine a newbie FPN member comes to Chamonix and ask where he has to be for a guided factory tour.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mont blanc, chamonix, early june

Sponsored Content

|