A Minor Collection Of 144/145/classique Sized Pens..

da vinci

Tom, it will be a couple of months unfortunately but I hope worth the wait. The monotone gold BB nib on a 144 is one of my favourite pens :)

~ da vinci:

Even if it's half a year or more, it'll be a pleasure to read when it's posted.

No hurry. One nice aspect of Montblanc fountain pens is that they tend to remain fairly static.

For someone as slow in outlook and action as yours truly, that's a blessing.

Whether a monotone gold BB or a regular BB, I'm toying with the possibility of a 144, in part inspired by your lovely images.

Tom K.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• da vinci

• Tom Kellie

• Pen Nut

• pavoni

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably the nicest 144 sized MB I have owned. Do love the mother of pearl star.

fpn_1410973431__144_le_1.jpg

fpn_1410973473__144_le_7.jpg

fpn_1410973524__144_le_8.jpg

fpn_1410973562__144_le_5.jpg

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Hey davinci an other collectors! Very very nice MB pens!

I have only one Montblanc, a 144 I think ... (Who knows?)

But write also with a Pelikan 250 and a Parker Classic Flighter.

montblanc01fpf.jpg

Pen nut - yes that is one of my favourite pens too! :)

JD-Be you have a nice MB 144 there I believe, from looking st the gold coloured ring st the end of the section just before the nib, and the fact it is a slip on cap. I cannot tell exactly from the photo, but it looks as though the nib is a solid yellow colour gold, which as I said to Tom above, is one of my favourite nibs!

• 4 weeks later...

I have to admit that I dont' know what the differences are between the 144, 145, Traveller and Classique.

Can anyone help me out, or point me in the right direction?

Edited by English John

I have found out the following:

144 slip cap

145 screw cap

Classique - name change

Traveller - 146 without the piston filing mechanism - so not really part of the family

I think I have got it

144 slip cap

145 screw cap

Classique - name change

Traveller - 146 without the piston filing mechanism - so not really part of the family

I think I have got it

~ English John:

I like your summary.

It took me years to sort that out.

Thank you for posting that.

Tom K.

144 slip cap

145 screw cap

Classique - name change

I think I have got it

All good points. The 144 is the oldest model of the 3 and is a little smaller than the other 2.

• 1 month later...

fpn_1527912957__le_petit.png fpn_1527913690__doue.png

~ da vinci:

The recently introduced Le Petit Prince Meisterstück Classique and the Meisterstück Le Petit Prince Solitaire Doué Classique fountain pens have specialized nib designs.

In your experience, have there been a number of special nib designs for 144s and 145s, e.g. the 75th Anniversary pen shown above by Pen Nut?

I'm highly interested in Classique-sized Meisterstücks because they're truly outstanding writers of the finest quality.

I'd mistakenly supposed that their nibs were invariably the standard Meisterstück-style pattern, but the Le Petit Prince nibs showed otherwise.

Have there been other Classique-sized nibs with distinctive designs?

Tom K.

I have a 145 Tribute solitaire. It has a special nib on it.

~ Chaverim:

Thank you for that information.

That's a model unknown to me.

I hadn't realized that such a model might have special engraving on the nib surface.

I appreciate receiving such news.

Tom K.

The nib isnt so special on the engraving but it is all silver.

~ Chaverim:

Thank you for the image of your pen.

That helps me understand its special design.

I'm glad that you write with such a nice pen.

Tom K.

I write with all my pens. I’m actually sending this off to get a new nib grind on it.

I am always on the lookout for interesting and unusual pens for my daily writers.

fpn_1527912957__le_petit.png fpn_1527913690__doue.png

~ da vinci:

The recently introduced Le Petit Prince Meisterstück Classique and the Meisterstück Le Petit Prince Solitaire Doué Classique fountain pens have specialized nib designs.

In your experience, have there been a number of special nib designs for 144s and 145s, e.g. the 75th Anniversary pen shown above by Pen Nut?

I'm highly interested in Classique-sized Meisterstücks because they're truly outstanding writers of the finest quality.

I'd mistakenly supposed that their nibs were invariably the standard Meisterstück-style pattern, but the Le Petit Prince nibs showed otherwise.

Have there been other Classique-sized nibs with distinctive designs?

Tom K.

Tom, unfortunately I cannot get to my pens as they are stored away. I do know that in addition to the 75th Anniversary Nib, there was also a rose gold 90th anniversary nib. You can see a poor picture of it way back at post 17 of this thread. :)

Edited by da vinci

• 4 weeks later...

fpn_1530394193__classique_nibs.jpg

Classique Nibs

~ This thread, especially multiple posts by da vinci, inspired me to acquire a third Montblanc Classique fountain pen.

Shown in the center, above, it's a Montblanc Meisterstück Special Edition Classique M Nib — “Les Splendeurs de Paris”.

Tom K.

• 2 weeks later...

fpn_1530394193__classique_nibs.jpg

Classique Nibs

~ This thread, especially multiple posts by da vinci, inspired me to acquire a third Montblanc Classique fountain pen.

Shown in the center, above, it's a Montblanc Meisterstück Special Edition Classique M Nib Les Splendeurs de Paris.

Tom K.

Tom, thank you for yet more wonderful photographs. With the splendid addition of your new limited edition "Paris" Classique your own collection of special pens and nibs is reaching new heights!

Pens have been coming a poor second in life recently due to various commitments. It will not be long until I can post additional photos of a recent Classique addition. Whilst the quality of my photography is not really worth waiting for, hopefully you will find the content of interest. It is a pen I have coveted for some while, although not of the same order of rarity as the the "Paris", which is a fabulous pen, and the engraving on the nib!! Magnifique!! Enjoy it in good health.

Thank you for starting the re-awakening of this thread! :)

Edited by da vinci

Tom, thank you for yet more wonderful photographs. With the splendid addition of your new limited edition "Paris" Classique your own collection of special pens and nibs is reaching new heights!

Pens have been coming a poor second in life recently due to various commitments. It will not be long until I can post additional photos of a recent Classique addition. Whilst the quality of my photography is not really worth waiting for, hopefully you will find the content of interest. It is a pen I have coveted for some while, although not of the same order of rarity as the the "Paris", which is a fabulous pen, and the engraving on the nib!! Magnifique!! Enjoy it in good health.

Thank you for starting the re-awakening of this thread! :)

~ da vinci:

It's very kind of you to express such positive comment about the Platinum Classique M “Les Splendeurs de Paris”.

It's a wonderful pen which has been my daily writer for two weeks.

I like breaking in newly arrived pens with much writing.

I'm looking forward to whatever you might present in this thread in the future.

With Appreciation,

Tom K.