A Minor Collection Of 144/145/classique Sized Pens..

da vinci

I bought myself a Chopin, and really rather enjoyed writing with its medium sized, medium flow nib. It was smooth. In addition, whilst the pen is pretty small when compared to more popular sizes, I found it comfortable to use. So started the journey, and this is a brief photo record as the pens that have been amassed so far (with apologies for the photos!).

So on to the pens...

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af344/996nick2009/Fountain%20Pens/file_zpsa0f3b3ea.jpg

From left to right (ordered broadly in terms of age, and therefore also in terms of size):

1. Green striated 142 - one of my prized pens. Wonderful condition with little ambering, and a firm medium nib;

2. Older 144 - a pen that has one of, if not the, best nib I own. I monotone BB nib, with stun qualities;

3. Chopin - nice platinum trim and a medium duotone nib;

4. The "Signature for Good" again with platinum trim, but an added sapphire at the top of the clip plus an engraving of a wall on the cap band;

5. Another Classique - this time the rose gold trimmed 90th Anniversary edition.

Hmmm, boring did I hear you say? How about we bling it up a little... :D:

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af344/996nick2009/Fountain%20Pens/file_zps725e11bf.jpg

Again, left to right:

1. A Czar Nikolai II

2. A sterling silver pinstripe or Godron with a monster OBB nib

3. A Paloma Citrine version of the "Jungle Eyes" edition;

4. The Tribute to Montblanc - a hefty pen with a weighty barrel. This pen is significantly heavier than the other pens. Its metal section has some lovely engraving.

So what am I missing...

A Burgundy

A solid Gold pen

A doue

The carbon fibre capped pen

The cap with the geometric design upon it...

anything else? Feel free to post some pics of the ones I havent got, and comments welcome.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• da vinci

• Tom Kellie

• Pen Nut

• etzbseder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice collection Da Vinci. What about a nice vintage 134 if you like the smaller pens with an OB nib?

you are missing...

1924 anniversary l.e.

lapis(ramases)

rose gold 75 year anniversary

solid white gold and diamonds l.e. 75 year anniversary

platinum faceted

etc

you have a great collection ....congrats and enjoy in good health. : )

Great collection. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I especially like the Tribute to the Montblanc-stunning pen.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

Nice collection Da Vinci. What about a nice vintage 134 if you like the smaller pens with an OB nib?

Thank you for the suggestion. I will look into it :)

you are missing...

1924 anniversary l.e.

lapis(ramases)

rose gold 75 year anniversary

solid white gold and diamonds l.e. 75 year anniversary

platinum faceted

etc

you have a great collection ....congrats and enjoy in good health. : )

Thank you for the comments. How could I have forgotten about the Ramses! I will start hunting for the rest, but I suspect my collection may never be complete. A white gold and diamond pen doesnt sound like something I want to own/use no matter how important for the completion of the whole set.

Great collection. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I especially like the Tribute to the Montblanc-stunning pen.

Thanks Orfew. The tribute pen is stunning. Made of metal it has a considerable heft to it relative to the others.

The engraving on the section (of which there is a poor photo below) is an excellent detail:

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af344/996nick2009/Fountain%20Pens/file_zpsfed79fa7.jpg

What a stunning collection of Classiques you have there! I especially like that Csar Nikolai.

It is always a tremendous treat when a FPNer presents their collection(s), particularly when they are as good as this :happycloud9:

Pavoni. :thumbup:

Thank you Meiers, Max Dog and Pavoni for your generous comments. They are appreciated and motivating <wallet runs for cover>

Edited by da vinci

That's a very good collection. My favourite would have to be the Tribute. But for the metal section I would like to own one

• 2 months later...

Have been working on the collection over the last few months :)

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af344/996nick2009/imagejpg1_zpse4bdfd09.jpg

Have added:

144 with a broad nib - love these nibs!

144 in burgundy with M nib sticker

144 burgundy and vermeil cap doue (classy pen, cap is heavy!)

classique 75th anniversary - you can just see the tiny diamond in the cap!

Still more work to do......

• 1 month later...