The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Which Is Your Best Nib? The Nib With Which All Others Are Judged? One Nib To Rule Them All?

best nib nib cursive italic stub broad pelikan parker cross aurora mont

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#81 dmourati

dmourati

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:56

Sailor fine nib from Mottishaw.   :thumbup:

Sponsored Content

#82 wetnoodlepens

wetnoodlepens

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:57

HUH?

I probably have a hundred or so nibs that would be described like that, maybe far more.

Well I know who to rob now...

Vintage Wet Noodles and flexible nib pens of all kinds!

Click to view current stock on FPN, or visit:

http://bit.ly/wetnoodlepens

#83 mhtawfiq

mhtawfiq

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 June 2014 - 13:54

The OB nib on my Montblanc 24 is one of my favorites, its not flexy but its so soft and wet i cant help but smile whenever i write with it.

#84 sotto2

sotto2

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 18:08

I've swapped quite a few of my pens over to Broad nibs in the past few months. I'm still really liking the new Broad nibs from Sheaffer on my two Preludes. Very nice broad smooth wet lines. I have 3 Lamys with me today (a Vista, a Safari and an AL-Star), and the two pens with the silver broad nibs are quite good, however for some reason the black anodized Broad nib I put on the AL-Star has a bit more feedback than I'd like. I'm wondering if it is the black coating, although the nib tip seems to have been ground exposing a silver-y surface. I think I'm going to get another silver Broad nib to see if that pen writes like the other two.

ekfh5f.jpg

#85 MarkTrain

MarkTrain

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 June 2014 - 19:10

Probably my OB Pelikan 400. This is one of the earlier 400's with a double incised script Pelikan logo nibs with a nice amount of flex. This was also my first vintage Pelikan. Have several vintage Pelikan OM's but none quite produce the line variation as the OB.

#86 Reygan

Reygan

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 June 2014 - 23:04

It used to be my unmodified Aurora Optima medium nib that came with the celluloid-warping Auroras. But then I am now writing with my Nakay broad nib modified by Mottishaw into a Cursive Italic, and wow! This is now the benchmark! Loads of character, the nib has.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: best nib, nib, cursive italic, stub, broad, pelikan, parker, cross, aurora, mont

Sponsored Content

|