The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Why I Am Here, Or Just Another Tragic Story...

sheaffer extra fine nib julia gusano

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 Quintane

Quintane

No title, good title

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2014 - 18:59

It's funny. One of my other favorites is a M200 Red Demonstrator. It has an EF nib which, used straight, produces a line too wide for me. But used turning it a little bit clockwise, it produces lines with texture and personality, and it is a delight to write with it (in some situations, of course).

Now that I must admit I have at least partly a collector's soul, you will know more about my pens. Of course I will keep you and all the friends here posted. This site is really great!

Sponsored Content

#62 Quintane

Quintane

No title, good title

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:49

¡Happy ending! I sent the Sheaffer pen with its new nib to Mike Masuyama, and he did a great job. He corrected the slight skipping problem, and grounded the nib so as to be able to produce a 0.2 mm line stroke. I am very happy with the result. This pen/nib is slightly more wet and not as smooth than the original: without being scratchy at all, it certainly has a smaller writing surface, which allows to feel the response of the paper. Or so I explain to myself. This is not unpleasant at all. On the main issue, the nib is now finer than the original, which is absolutely fine for me. All in all, this new pen/nib writes beautifully and is a proud successor to the original one.

#63 H1N

H1N

Vintage Premium

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:11

Hello and welcome to FPN

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sheaffer, extra fine nib, julia gusano

Sponsored Content

|