"war Horse" Daily Pen

HalloweenHJB

I am certain that his question has come up before, but I know that lots of people make changes to their favorite daily pen --according to mood, etc.

My favorite "war horse" pen is an older (1980s?) tortoise-shell Pelikan with a fine point nib that has been worn a bit to a slightly sharper edge. Take a look.

So, what is YOUR war horse pen? The one you want to put your new favorite ink in? ;)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HalloweenHJB

• AAAndrew

• ethernautrix

• parnesh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is a war horse? Like a daily writer?

Edit: My war horse is probably my TWSBI 580.

Edited by SujiCorp12345

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

My War Horse is (are) two Ahabs I modded myself to be flex writers. They are smooth too! :)

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

I have two!

My Lamy Vista and my Conway Stewart 58 :-)

Currently have a scented ink in the conway.

3 pens: a Parker "51" B nib, Lamy 2000 M nib and a Hero 332 with a 14k M nib that I pulled out of a Hero 100 (which is extremely smooth an wet)

"The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true..." (Carl Sagan)

Right now? A Pilot VP in yellow with a fine nib and loaded with Sailor Sei-boku. Also, a Nakaya Long Cigar in Shu with a .5mm stub nib loaded with whatever I feel like, my favorites so far have been Caran D'Ache Divine Pink and Sailor Epinard.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20resized_zps9ihtoixe.png

The pen I'm never without is a Caran d'Ache Dunas with a medium nib running Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue.

The pen that does the most work overall though is a Narwhal coloured Konrad with a 1.1mm Knox stub, filled with Chesterfield Tourmaline (which I'm led to believe is re-branded Diamine Umber). I usually have to re-fill it at least once a week.

Once I find an ink that suits a pen I don't usually change it.

Most of the time, it's my TWSBI Mini EF, always filled with Noodlers Blue Eel.

It used to be M200, but now I have too many pens that none is really favored greatly above others. The ones that get most usage are Sailor 1911M, M200, Hero 616, Pilot 78G and Reform 1745, since these are what I use at class and office. All my other pens are kept at home and not really meant to go to war.

Charcoal black Safari with black F nib and Diamine Graphite ink. A real workhorse and nice enough to look after, yet not a catastrophe if lost or stolen.

Noodler's Olive Ripple Ebonite Konrad with the Ease My Flex modification and carefully tuned juicy nib/feed. Diamine Salamander ink. Are we having fun yet?.

For daily writers, too many to mention. In terms of a pen that you fight a war with: the Schrade Tactical Pen. In terms of one that could survive one: the Tombow Object.

Pelikan M1000 and Lamy 2000, both with a medium nib. But the Pelikan writes more like a broad.

What is a war horse? Like a daily writer?

Edit: My war horse is probably my TWSBI 580.

Looks like a very interesting pen. I'll add it to my list of purchase ideas! Thanks!

Charcoal black Safari with black F nib and Diamine Graphite ink. A real workhorse and nice enough to look after, yet not a catastrophe if lost or stolen.

Noodler's Olive Ripple Ebonite Konrad with the Ease My Flex modification and carefully tuned juicy nib/feed. Diamine Salamander ink. Are we having fun yet?.

Yes, indeed! At least I am! Thanks for the detailed ideas. It's making my head swim... :)

A charcoal Safari B with Akkerman's No. 10 is the constant work pen. My new PSP ebonite B looks like it will bein constant rotation.

"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809