The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Toucan Ink - Group Buy - Us Members

toucan ink toucan fountain pen ink justwrite group buy toucan ink group buy toucan ink us

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 Dottie

Dottie

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2014 - 13:38

I did not trust the bags after opening. I had some empty bottles that I used and placed an order to Goulet Pens for empty ink bottles. They sell them for under a dollar. I've been so happy with all the new ink! Lots of fun new colors and they seem to do well in my pens.

Sponsored Content

#62 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2014 - 13:55

The bags are supposed to be durable and to maintain a good seal - I haven't had an issue storing them in a shoebox in a drawer, and decanting 5ml at a time into sample vials... Not overly surprised, though, that one or two of these have leaked in transit - and if you can get good bottles cheaply, why not?

#63 Sinistral1

Sinistral1

Ink Minion

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2014 - 22:26

I don't think it was a transit issue. They were in fine fettle when they left my house after arriving from Australia. I suspect it might have been that old culprit, screwing a shallow and minimally threaded plastic cap onto the opposite plastic spout, and there was a bad seal and the rest is crimson history.

Edited by Sinistral1, 10 August 2014 - 22:26.

Breathe.  Take one step at a time.  Don't sweat the small stuff.  You're not getting older, you are only moving through time.  Be calm and positive.

#64 vossad01

vossad01

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2014 - 22:41

No, it was not a transit issue.  They all arrived intact.  I discovered this when I went to get more ink from them.

#65 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:25

No, it was not a transit issue.  They all arrived intact.  I discovered this when I went to get more ink from them.

Fair enough, thanks for the correction - I don't really want to transfer mine if I don't have to, but will keep a closer eye!

#66 JustWrite Pen Company

JustWrite Pen Company

Rare

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 August 2014 - 13:27

Toucan inks are now available in the US at Anderson pens for anyone who missed out on the group buy.

http://www.andersonp...-Ink-s/2328.htm

Kevin Watson
JustWrite Pen Company, Australia

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: toucan ink, toucan fountain pen ink, justwrite, group buy, toucan ink group buy, toucan ink us

Sponsored Content

|