The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pilot Varsity

pilot varsity

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 h.farmawi

h.farmawi

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 May 2014 - 14:02

IMG_0001_zps6de8c969.jpgIMG100_zps5b01f08c.jpg

postcardde9.png

Sponsored Content

#2 WilsonCQB1911

WilsonCQB1911

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:38

It's amazing how good a pen it is for such an inexpensive, disposable pen.  Sometimes I think it's hard to justify my expensive pens when a Varsity and a Metropolitan write so well.

#3 MarneM

MarneM

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:01

My daughter loves these, especially the bright pink, purple, and turquoise colors. She uses them in her drawings all the time (and I like them for her, as they are a cheap, easy thing to acquire for a seven-year-old). She has a Safari and another pink kit pen too, but she uses the varsities an awful lot! 

"Wer schweigt, stimmt zu."

#4 h.farmawi

h.farmawi

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:13

exactly, and when someone ask for a pen you can give him a fountain pen like this Varsity that writes perfectly fine thus he may fall for the fountain pens and may never get out ;)

postcardde9.png

#5 Sasha Royale

Sasha Royale

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,444 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:58

The Pilot Varsity is excellent and very functional.  You will enjoy using it.  Yes, it is disposable, but don't dispose of it.  

Someone put ink into it originally,  Someone can put ink into it again.  A pleasant task.  

Write with joy.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn. 
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen: 
Verweile doch, du bist so schön ! 

#6 h.farmawi

h.farmawi

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2014 - 13:00

The Pilot Varsity is excellent and very functional.  You will enjoy using it.  Yes, it is disposable, but don't dispose of it.  

Someone put ink into it originally,  Someone can put ink into it again.  A pleasant task.  

Write with joy.

Thanks Sasha, i thought of that maybe if its possible to remove the nib and feed it will be possible to re-fill it with ink.

Edited by h.farmawi, 12 May 2014 - 13:00.

postcardde9.png

#7 arni

arni

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 15:42

Removing the nib and feed is fairly easy. I usually stand it in a glass of very hot water for a few seconds, wrap some paper around the feed and pull. It pops out without much difficulty.

Clean, fill with your ink of choice and snap the nib/feed assembly back in.

#8 h.farmawi

h.farmawi

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:04

Removing the nib and feed is fairly easy. I usually stand it in a glass of very hot water for a few seconds, wrap some paper around the feed and pull. It pops out without much difficulty.

Clean, fill with your ink of choice and snap the nib/feed assembly back in.

very hot water here means boiling water ?

postcardde9.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pilot, varsity

Sponsored Content

|