• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Segel

• Anne-Sophie

• willard

• bardiir

You've inspired me; I found a Lamy gold nib on eBay for $55. I don't yet have the body I'm going to put it on, but a paycheck or two from now, I will also have a Lamy frankenpen of glory.

I did the same thing to my Vista. Mine has a medium nib.

I really think this upgrade looks best with the Vista.

I only have two pens - an Aurora Optima and others.

• 4 weeks later...

Furthermore, Lamy sells BB nibs with its Platinum Studio in Germany

From the Germany website in English:

"LAMY studio Pt Fountain pen

Fountain pen with propeller-shaped platinum-coated metal clip. With complete platinum finish. With cartridge filling system with ink cartridge LAMY T 10 blue (can be modified for use with converter Z 26). 14 Kt bi-colour gold nib, anodized.

Available nib grades: extra fine (EF) / fine (F) / medium (M) / broad ( B ) / extra broad (BB)"

Bolding is mine.

I would love to buy this one for a special occasion pen, but, BB nibs are nowhere to be found, on any of the U.S dealers pages.

I would also love the Palladium for which there is no BB nibs available anywhere.

So infuriating!

Many here, on FPN, love genuine Lamy products.

The Safari/Vista line has the ideal weight, length and sturdiness for a workhorse or multiple workhorses pens.

The grip is perfect for me!

All the related writing instruments of the Safari line are first class and sturdy!

The Studio with its round grip brings a welcome change of pace, when one runs out of ink during a marathon writing session.

The weight of the steel and painted metal instruments is perfect, very light!

I want more Safaris and get some All Stars and Nexx, the latter being hard to find in the U.S

Lamy makes first class pens, but why are soft gold nibs aficionados deprived of their enjoyment for all their Lamy office writing instruments, and as add ons for school pens?

Being European, I understand the distinction between school and office pens, but there is a big segment of the fountain pen writing population, on FPN (this forum), who enjoys writing with gold nibs because of their softness and simultaneously, loves the contemporary designs of Lamy.

Edited by Anne-Sophie

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

For Single gold nibs I too can only get EF / F / M / B / OM / OB here in Germany. So I'm not quite sure if you would be able to get the bb nib as a spare part anywhere.

My Pens/Nibs (inked/active): Lamy Studio/Vista/Joy (XXF slight-flex custom | 14k EF | EF | F | 14k M | M | B | 14k 1.1 custom | 1.1 | 1.5 | 1.9), TWSBI Diamond 580 (F | Pendleton BadBoy | Zebra G | F.P.R. semi-flex), Pilot Falcon EF, Penkala Vintage 14k semi-flex, Pilot Parallel (2.4 | 3.8 | 6.0)

http://www.fp-ink.info/img/button.pngI'm still looking for help/data/supporters/sponsors for my Ink Database - It already contains over 900 Inks but is still low on data about the inks except on the Inks I got myself or where I found nice data sheets. So Im looking for these: InkSamples mailed to me, Permissions to use InkReviews - preferable by people who have a lot of InkReviews online, InkReviews mailed to me so I can scan them, Sponsors that will help me to finance InkSamples, People willing to trade InkSamples (list of available Inks from me is available via PM request - please include available Inks)

For Single gold nibs I too can only get EF / F / M / B / OM / OB here in Germany. So I'm not quite sure if you would be able to get the bb nib as a spare part anywhere.

It is not available with the pens, either, in the U.S. It is only available with the Platinum Studio sold in Germany.

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?