Mb Writers Edition 2014--Daniel Defoe

TalkieWalkie

I'd class it as mid weight. Some of the WEs like the Dostoevsky will be a lot lighter than it but others like the Verne are a lot heavier. I don't know its actual in grams though.

Thanks Brandon, I bought a Verne with a little extra walking-round $$$ when it was the new kid in town.

The cap on the Verne would make a wonderful boat anchor

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BrandonA

• Zenistar

• KJY

• da vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like the look of the pen so far. I am leaning toward getting one. It took me several months to pull the trigger to get the Balzac. But, I find the Defoe very interesting from the very first time I saw the pictures.

My collection: 149 EF/F/B/OBB, Collodi B/Twain F/Mann F, 146 M, Silver Barley F, M1000/M800 B'o'B/M800 Tortoise/Sahara/415 BT/215/205 Blue Demo, Optima Demo Red M/88 EF & Italic/Europa, Emotica, 2K/Safaris/Al-Stars/Vista, Edson DB/Carene BS, Pilot 845/823/742/743/Silvern/M90/Makies, Sailor Profit Realo M/KOP Makies/Profit Makies/Profit 21 Naginata MF&M/KOP/KOP Mosaiques/Sterling Silvers,Platinum #3776 Celluloids/Izumos/Wood pens/Sterling Silvers,YoL Grand Victorian, and more (I lost counting)

Personally I would love to see a Tolkien WE.

Me too! Or a George R.R. Martin WE with a fire and ice theme and a dragon clip :wub:

I like the Defoe, the clip and nib do it for me

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I like its looks with the metal work and feather for a clip. Makes it stand out I think rather than just the old clip look. The metal work is intriguing by itself. Not sure that I have personally seen that on any other pens, but that is just my thoughts and opinions. I can't tell the color though from the photo. It just looks like black to me. I can't wait to see one and I am sure that I will purchase one just as I have the other writers that have come out since I started using fountain pens again. It has to be more usable that the Colodi for sure.

I really like the look of this pen and will likely end up buying one - oh well more money into my local pen shop ;)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem (Remember when life's path is steep to keep your mind even)http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

I guess no time soon. I was just in town and went into the most famous pen shop on Zurich's Bahnoffstrasse (they have a dedicated Montblanc area in a gallery running around the shop showing off lots of limited editions etc), they had no clue on the Defoe, had never seen it until I showed them a photo and all they would say is that Writers Editions come out in Autumn.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem (Remember when life's path is steep to keep your mind even)http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

I thought someone had said September, I could be mistaken though. Which is on par with Zenistars Autumn quote

I thought someone had said September, I could be mistaken though. Which is on par with Zenistars Autumn quote

August - September is the usual release date for the WE pens. I'm hoping for early August like last years. The Collodi was nearer September in the UK when it was released.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

I was in the Atlanta Montblanc Boutique week before last and they had shown me some photos of the Defoe. I asked about the size of the pen and they told me it would be slightly smaller than a LeGrand fountain pen. I was likewise told that the wood grain resin would be unique to each pen. They also told me that the metal on this pen will be darker, more of a tungsten type color. According to the sales person they told me this would come out in the August - September time frame as others have inidicated on this thread.

Lamb South

True Beauty is when a kindly word encourages and brings an unexpected smile.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in a MB Boutique today and told this pen will be available in the US on August 1st. In fact, this particular Boutique expects to host an event for the release of the pen during the second weekend of August.

• 2 weeks later...

A Defoe has landed on eBay. Pretty good pictures that show off the wood-like body.

Bit of a surprise? When converted to gbp, the price is pretty good!

I really wonder how that seller got that item. Mb is very strict with launching new products. Maybe some customers get some privilege, but I would expect max some weeks earlier than official launch of the sale. This one is way too soon.

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):

Appelboom

Maybe this information might clear things up: Montblanc has already started to deliver the Defoe WE to the shops in Germany. The pens are fascinating, especially the combination between the woody looking resin and the dark grey ornaments and clip.

Apparently the seller does not ship to the UK, which is unusual (bearing in mind the seller is located in the EU). Perhaps thats part of the deal they have to get these pens sooner than the UK?

Finally some good pictures thanks to the Bay :thumbup:

Ordered mine (F-nib) and can't wait to pick it up when I visit Akkerman in The Hague in September.

At first I really didn't care for it, but now I am liking it. I do not care for that huge orange blob on the barrel of the ebay pen.

In order to appreciate the sweet, you must truly taste the bitter....

Agreed. I visited the MB boutique on 30th June and the 90th Anni classique special edition was so happened delivered to the shop. I attempted to buy one but the sell lady said they were not allowed to do so until the release day on 1st July.

Edited by Sampanel

I really wonder how that seller got that item. Mb is very strict with launching new products. Maybe some customers get some privilege, but I would expect max some weeks earlier than official launch of the sale. This one is way too soon.

Agreed. I visited the MB boutique on 30th June and the 90th Anni classique special edition was so happened delivered to the shop. I attempted to buy one but the sell lady said they were not allowed to do so until the release day on 1st July.