The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Fine Gel Refill For Parker Jotter

parker jotter blue refill ink fine gel

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 elduderino260

elduderino260

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 April 2014 - 00:08

Hi all,

I am hoping you can help me out.  I am looking for a fine point (0.5mm) point blue gel/rollerball refill that will fit in a Parker Jotter.  So far, I can only find black Parker fine point and they generally have poor reviews (short lasting).  Any suggestions?  It would be nice if it didn't cost as much as a whole new Jotter pen...

Thanks.

Sponsored Content

#2 Gloucesterman

Gloucesterman

Transformation Coach

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,254 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 April 2014 - 00:59

Itoya, I think makes a fine refill that fits the Parker. Also check for Aurora as they use the same mechanism. Finally, I think Visconti also makes a fine roller ball refill.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

#3 Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David

Go Blue!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:39

Fahrney's lists the Itoya refills as 0.7 mm.  Amazon also has them at this size.

I thought JetPens also carried the Itoya refills but I cannot find them on the website.

Moshe ben David

"Behold, He who watches over Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps!"

#4 OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 May 2014 - 15:30

Jotteriffic.jpg

This is an Itoya Blue Gel.  I can't say how long it lasts since I don't write so much with it but it stayed usable unopened in the package

for a couple years before I installed it. That was pretty impressive to me.

It writes wet and smooth. Remarkably close to a FP IMO.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

#5 blINK

blINK

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 May 2014 - 16:32

Have a look at Schmidt EasyFlow 9000. This is the best refill I have found for the ballpoints and they are relatively inexpensive and made in Germany.

Chris

Carpe Stylum!

#6 OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 May 2014 - 17:17

If I weren't already grovin' on my Itoya Gel, the Schimdt EasyFlow would be my next choice for sure.

Read the reviews again more closely. The newer Parker Quink Flow refills are supposed to be a BIG improvement but I can't personally attest to that.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parker, jotter, blue, refill, ink, fine, gel

Sponsored Content

|