The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Visker And Scrivener, Inks & Ink Well

dip pens inks ink wells scrolls writing paper

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 coffeetoofull

coffeetoofull

none

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 April 2014 - 22:59

I found the following site called Vicker And Scrivener, while searching the internet for dip pens. Although they make glass handle dip pen holders, i.e. a dip pen, they, also, produce ink wells and inks. I noticed that they are located in Galveston, Texas (Gulf Of Mexico) and wondered about the properties of their inks and how they might compare to other permanent and waterproof inks?

Best Writings To You, coffeetoofull

[attachment=253723:black ink.jpg]

[attachment=253724:honey ink well.jpg]

Sponsored Content

#2 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,054 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 April 2014 - 00:37

I like the looks of the poison pen ink.  :)

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Participate in the newest Inky TODs: 

Why do I like those nibs? 

What do I like about my handwriting? 

Whose handwriting do I like?  

Which Script Will I learn? 

Which Inks for my Handwriting

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

#3 Gloucesterman

Gloucesterman

Transformation Coach

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:11

Nice looking bottle too. Quite elegant.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

#4 rudyhou

rudyhou

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:06

thanks for sharing.  i shall be looking through all the items available to see if any of them would potentially be my future purchase.

-rudy-

#5 coffeetoofull

coffeetoofull

none

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 May 2014 - 19:40

I received the following reply to my queries from V&S about the Visker & Scrivener black inks and/also ink well. I believe V&S sells their ink at Renaissance Fairs and similar events.

"Our "Sumi" ink is denser and will create finer lines than our black "India" ink. The India ink is more permanent than the Sumi, however, neither one of the inks is 100% waterproof. Unfortunately, if you were to watercolor over them, the ink would smudge.
The wood inkwells are very stable and hold a small amount of ink, perfect for dipping a quill point into. I like using them because I don't have to think about accidentally dipping too far into an ink bottle or touching the sides of a bottle opening with the handle (which subsequently could get ink on my fingers.... then on the paper.... and probably the table or my clothes.... etc..."
Best Writings To You, coffeetoofull

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dip pens, inks, ink wells scrolls, writing paper

Sponsored Content

|