Free Shipping & 20% Of Selected Merchandise @ Goulet

Gloucesterman

Just bought some good stuff at good prices w/ free shipping at Goulet. Found out about it by reading their newsletter.

No affiliation just an admirer and customer!

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jenks

• KBeezie

• MrsGouletPens

• Gloucesterman

They also have a "Spring Cleaning" Page with some good current stuff for 20% off.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

No, I'm not buying $75 worth of stuff for free shipping.

I think the free shipping applies to everything -- including under $75 purchases -- through May 31st.

Just played with the shopping cart and added 2 items, a total of $37.95.

Input my shipping state/zip code. It recalculated and showed the order qualified for FREE shipping.

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

Okay, to clarify since there's some confusion.... we are offering free Priority shipping with any $75 order within the US, now through the end of May. It does not apply to orders under $75, or to international orders. The shopping cart will show you the valid shipping options once you add items and specify your location.

I think the free shipping applies to everything -- including under $75 purchases -- through May 31st.

Input my shipping state/zip code. It recalculated and showed the order qualified for FREE shipping.

http://www.gouletpens.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/homepage/FreeShipping.jpg

Is it worth spending $75.00 just to get free shipping? Not for most people.

IF, however, one is going to be buying enough stuff to qualify or even come close, then spending the few dollars extra AND getting free shipping may be worth it.

I had some questions, so I called for answers and ended up placing my order over the phone. Caitlyn was a great person to work with.

I'll probably be back for more. Make that I will be back!!!

Edited by brgmarketing

Is it worth spending $75.00 just to get free shipping? Not for most people.

IF, however, one is going to be buying enough stuff to qualify or even come close, then spending the few dollars extra AND getting free shipping may be worth it.

I had some questions, so I called for answers and ended up placing my order over the phone. Caitlyn was a great person to work with.

I'll probably be back for more. Make that I will be back!!!

:P Though 20% off this seems juicy lol.

http://www.gouletpens.com/Platinum_Izumo_Yagumonuri_Fountain_Pen_p/plat-piz-80000-f.htm

http://www.gouletpens.com/v/vspfiles/photos/Plat-PIZ-80000-F-2.jpg

And if the free shipping means a discount on expedited forms of shipping then maybe :P

No it has to be $75 or more for the shipping and only through the end May. Let's see you get free shipping for purchases at $75 or above all the time at isellpens.com and at $25 or above at Jetpens.com. Actually most pen retailers give you free shipping once you hit $75. Goulet's is one of the very few that do not.

Because it is a MAJOR bee in my bonnet you still only get a measly 2ml of ink in samples & with ink drop when both Andersonpens.net and isellpens.com give you 3ml for the same price. Why not actually give loyal customers, I use to be one, something legitimate like the THREE ml of ink that your SMALLER family run competitors seem to manage? It would be a great lasting way to say thanks and celebrate your 30th birthdays. I would love to come back to Goulet's but I will never buy another thing there as long as you keep ripping people off with 2ml of ink. You can afford to do better and you should for your customers. Don't make a video on how to get 2ml out of the samples. Really? Instead, step up to the plate and show it isn't all about profit margin and that you really appreciate how loyal some customers have been. Put your money where your mouth is and do it in a lasting way. Please. :)

Edited by Jenks

No it has to be $75 or more for the shipping and only through the end May. Let's see you get free shipping for purchases at $75 or above all the time at isellpens.com and at $25 or above at Jetpens.com. Actually most pen retailers give you free shipping once you hit $75. Goulet's is one of the very few that do not.

Because it is a MAJOR bee in my bonnet you still only get a measly 2ml of ink in samples & with ink drop when both Andersonpens.net and isellpens.com give you 3ml for the same price. Why not actually give loyal customers, I use to be one, something legitimate like the THREE ml of ink that your SMALLER family run competitors seem to manage? It would be a great lasting way to say thanks and celebrate your 30th birthdays. I would love to come back to Goulet's but I will never buy another thing there as long as you keep ripping people off with 2ml of ink. You can afford to do better and you should for your customers. Don't make a video on how to get 2ml out of the samples. Really? Instead, step up to the plate and show it isn't all about profit margin and that you really appreciate how loyal some customers have been. Put your money where your mouth is and do it in a lasting way. Please. :)

Alright, I'll bite.

First, you're complaining about a difference of one mL of ink. Think about that for a second. Unless you're writing the constitution of a newly-established state, or recording the pope's last words, that extra one mL isn't worth your complaint. Further, these are samples. Don't claim you can't make up your mind after 2mL--you're just trying to weasel some extra free stuff.

Second, you're ranting at their company to increase ink sample sizes at the same time that you refer to other places' practices. If you don't like Goulet's business practices, then vote with your wallet, not with such a loud mouth (keyboard).

Third--and I'm restricting myself, as far as numbers--you wouldn't love to come back to Goulet's. If you did, then your comment wouldn't scorn Goulet. Rather, you could phrase yourself in a much kinder way. Something like, "I really like Goulet, but I wish they provided an extra mL of ink," instead of "I will never buy another thing there as long as you keep ripping people off." You'll catch more flies with honey than you will with vinegar.

I wanted to write more, but your comment is too ridiculous. You strike me as the kind of person who would yell at an airline representative because your flight was delayed.

I apologize for being so critical, but it's pretty clear that these people try really hard to engage their customers.

I can't believe I just wrote all of this. Ugh. There's so much wrong with your comment, I'm going to leave it alone and go read.

I just took advantage of it....

Stocked up on some Noodler's I needed for work OK, who am I kidding, I just wanted them....

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

That's extremely kind of them! shame I'm in the UK so can't take advantage of the offer.

Edited by fpSuperstar

And JStationery does free shipping above $20, but it doesn't have some of the same stuff Goulet offers. I suppose they could do free shipping on everything above $10, but then just add on about 3 to 5 dollars to the cost of the products... but hey, free shipping :D

Besides everything I got from GouletPens was extremely well packaged and protected, from others it got here safely, but was meh for the most part like 'good enough'.

Seriously? 2ml is enough of a "Sample" in my opinion to get 2 maybe 3 fills of a pen unless you're using a ink-gouging piston or something. And what if you don't really care for 2 or 3 of those inks? Kind of wasted milliliters. Also do those other two sites have a program where you're given 5 (maybe 6) vials of samples every month? I imagine there's a lot of work and pre-planning that goes into getting every ink drop member's packages together rather than just samples on-request.

Would I like to get 3ml of ink when I get samples? Sure, it would be nice, especially if I like the ink, and would be easier to fill some of my pens when the nib is large and doesn't reach down past the top of the level. But am I going to go all-or-none on the retailer because I don't get an extra 1ml of ink? No. Do the other two sites give you a price discount on the full bottles if you find you like the samples?

Though I do notice that some places like JustWrite.com.Au do give a choice of 2ml or 5ml samples to buy from (1.25 AUD for 2ml, 1.60 AUD for 5ml), so I think that would be nice if Goulet were to added that option as far as buying samples on demand goes. (It would be cheaper than iSellPen per milliliter even if they charged 2.00 per 5ml)

Edited by KBeezie

That's interesting about the 2mL vs 3mL ink samples. As a newbie, I didn't even notice there was a difference. I kinda assumed there was a standard sample size. The difference wouldn't really matter in my case since I don't really use a whole lot of ink, and I can probably tell whether I like a color with a very small sample.

Anyhow, right now I'm trying to decide between the Ink Drop or choosing my own ink samples. I've already got a list of 40+ inks I want to try and that is waaaaaaaay more than I could ever get around to sampling in the foreseeable future. I know I'd have the same problem with receiving 5 samples/month; I'll have a backlog in a month or two.. I really don't use up ink as fast as most of you guys. So ... still trying to decide between Ink Drop, choosing my own samples, or just buy a handful of full bottles. I've already got 7 bottles on the way from Vanness which should arrive next Wednesday ... 4 Akkerman, 1 Noodler's, 1 Diamine, and 1 Private Reserve. This my attempt at sampling various brands I haven't tried yet. :)

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

...you're just trying to weasel some extra free stuff.

Second, you're ranting at their company to increase ink sample sizes at the same time that you refer to other places' practices. If you don't like Goulet's business practices, then vote with your wallet, not with such a loud mouth (keyboard).

You'll catch more flies with honey than you will with vinegar.

I wanted to write more, but your comment is too ridiculous. You strike me as the kind of person who would yell at an airline representative because your flight was delayed.

I apologize for being so critical, but it's pretty clear that these people try really hard to engage their customers.

I can't believe I just wrote all of this. Ugh. There's so much wrong with your comment, I'm going to leave it alone and go read.

I'm sorry please explain how I'm trying to "weasel some extra free stuff" when I paid for ink drops and the samples? I also pay for shipping whenever I ordered anything from Goulet's in the past. Clearly I don't have the ability with honeyed words that you do so I will not even try to reply to the rest of your post since it didn't actually address any of my points. I happened to think I was rather polite but you thought otherwise. You are certainly entitled to that opinion. My opinion is that your post was positively rude and I really shouldn't respond at all but I would appreciate an answer to my first question if you would be so kind.

FayeV,

As a newbie I joined Ink Drop and thought it was a wonderful way to find out about new inks. After struggling to get the ink out and dumping an entire vial in my lap I discovered that the other places I mentioned provided larger samples. It isn't that I need the larger samples to decide if I like the ink or not it's a matter of being able to fill my pens from the vial. It is MUCH easier with 3ml of ink instead of 2ml. The additional ml covers larger nibs and allows you to fill the pen without having to tip the vial and risk spills. A much more enjoyable experience. I also tired of receiving too many samples of Noodler's and not enough other brands. If you want to try to pick your own samples I would recommend isellpens.com because they have a wide selection of inks and the shipping is only $3 for orders under $75. That means you can create your own ink drop every month with 5 samples for under $10 and include any other things you need for the same shipping cost. If you want Montblanc samples you will have to go to Andersons. Hope that helps. :)

KBeezie,

I agree with you that it would be silly to go all or nothing with a retailer based on just 1ml of ink. I was referring to continuing my ink drop subscription so I wasn't clear in my previous post. Goulet's does have excellent selection but I don't find their prices competitive, particularly when you add the shipping costs. They do pack thinks really well but I've never had a problem with Andersons, isellpens, penboutique, or even Amazon. Basically, I've never bought a pen there because I always find it significantly cheaper at one of the other places.

When I first started buying ink I ordered from Goulet's and had a few problems that were fixed by their excellent customer service people but as I shopped around I discovered that Todd at isellpens and the Andersons also offer great customer service with better prices.

Edited by Jenks

Jenks, my apologies. What I meant to write was "weasel something extra." Your mastery of semantics is commendable.

You are correct: you shouldn't respond at all to my posts.

Although I was less than overwhelmed by the price limit, I appreciate the fact that they went out of their way to do something that they normally do not offer. The Goulets are good folks and run a classy business. I am happy to be one of their customers.

Everybody who buys from an online retailer pays for shipping, whether it says shipping is free or not. It's passed on to the customer in some way or other.

I don't mind the 2ml vials from the ink drop. I might try the other companies (Todd's) for them now that you get more. But as far as being afraid to have a vial spill or drop into a lap, both Todd and the Goulets sell a vial rank that works pretty well to hold samples upright. For those who want every last drop, a syringe is the way to go.