The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Is This Look Normal To You?

edison pen

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 kidde

kidde

SQUIRREL!!!!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:39

i-mt4Hd8q-L.jpg

Look, I have enough trouble convincing my wife that I don't have a "problem". Me drooling on the keyboard is not helping.
That blue does go with my eyes though. Hhmmmmm....

Paul

"Nothing is impossible, even the word says 'I'm Possible!'" Audrey Hepburn

Sponsored Content

#22 KBeezie

KBeezie

Gerbil Charmer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,558 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:33

Look, I have enough trouble convincing my wife that I don't have a "problem". Me drooling on the keyboard is not helping.
That blue does go with my eyes though. Hhmmmmm....

Paul

"But it Matches my Eyes!"

fpn_1398745979__m_notimpressed.jpg

#23 Misfit

Misfit

Goddess of Inanimate Objects

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:12

Tina, in case you were wondering about flushing the pen when the ink runs out, I get a little bowl of water (not hot) and draw it in like you would ink.  Several times of doing this might still bring out ink, but soon it will be clear.  When I do it, I dump the water out after a few tries and get fresh water.

Then once done, get a paper towel and with the nib down put the pen in the paper towel and then shake the pen to get water out.  Unless anyone else wants to say I'm wrong, then I let it dry overnight nib down in many times folded paper towel.  I learned this from my brother, who got into fountain pens before I did.

Aren't Edisons beautiful pens?!

Posted Image

#24 Tanzanite

Tanzanite

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:42

That blue pen is such a beauty...

#25 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,445 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 14:04

Sigh cubed.

:notworthy1:

What a lovely lively looking pen.

:gaah: Mr. Gray will also make a 14 K nib, semi-flex. :wallbash:

OCD....is much nicer than saying AR.....another day on FPN, another thing learned.

Living in Germany puts me a bit out of the 'slang'.....

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

#26 SockAddict

SockAddict

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:50

Note to self:  must save for blue swirly Edison ...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: edison pen

Sponsored Content

|