The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

My Handwriting Sample

copperplate cursive

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 knarflj

knarflj

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 16:38

Beautiful!

"To read without also writing is to sleep." - St. Jerome

Sponsored Content

#22 P_Uni

P_Uni

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 April 2014 - 17:39

Gorgeous!

#23 mfyorulmaz

mfyorulmaz

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 May 2014 - 13:53

Dear Raiche58,

No, this is not my regular handwriting. Since the size of handwriting increases when using this style, I found it impractical to make it my daily writing style. 

As far as the style itself, I developed it in two weeks with 6-7 hours of practice. I mixed spencerian and some calligraphy. So, this is not a "proper" style...

#24 Sinistral1

Sinistral1

Ink Minion

• FPN Donor - Iridium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 May 2014 - 14:18

Having never actually been in a mosque, it reminds me of the arabic calligraphy I've seen pictures of inside and around doorways of mosques. Your style feels much stronger than normal Spencerian. Oh, and I could identify only one dove - not enough imagination on my part, I'm sure!

Breathe.  Take one step at a time.  Don't sweat the small stuff.  You're not getting older, you are only moving through time.  Be calm and positive.

#25 Raiche58

Raiche58

Cursive Italic Love

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 May 2014 - 16:37

Dear mfyorulmaz,

Not many people take the time and effort to create a writing style, how did you come to have this ability? Is it part of your artistic repertoire? 

Thank you!

Posted Image Posted Image When one is too old for love, one finds great comfort in good dinners. Zora Neale Hurston

#26 mfyorulmaz

mfyorulmaz

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 May 2014 - 18:24

the source of this talent is no different than any other talent I guess...that is according to some people it is from God, and according to others it is innate...

I am not an artist at all. I am an engineer and management consultant by profession. I don't think this is a proper style per se. It is just what I developed naturally, without planning to develop, within two weeks by just checking couple spencerian and calligraphy styles. So, it became my "writing style"...whatever you name it. Just to show you how my writing looked like before these two weeks, I am attaching another picture below. 

Attached Images

• IMG-20140111-WA0013.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: copperplate, cursive

Sponsored Content

|