The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Osmiroid Free Flowing Black Ink

osmiroid ink osmiroid

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mwpannell

mwpannell

Who? What?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2014 - 16:13

A while back I bought a bottle of Osmiroid ink at a flea market for about 35-cents. I figured I could use the bottle if nothing else. Knowing to stay away from art and many calligraphy inks, I had generally put Osmiroid as a brand in that category, right or wrong. I've kept it sitting around for about a year myself but started to dump it recently--but thought better of it. After all, it's labeled for fountain pens and still looks pretty good inside. I figured I might try it in some of my less used pens or just keep it around for dipping.

So, just curious about recent experience--anyone use old Osmiroid Free Flowing Black Ink lately? Problems? Thoughts? Thanks!

Osmiroid.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 lapis

lapis

medium rare

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,380 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2014 - 16:21

Never heard of this ink until 5 years ago here. If I ever find some, I'll try it out for sure.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

#3 mwpannell

mwpannell

Who? What?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2014 - 16:33

Good link, thanks. I did do a search but didn't come up with that. Guess I should have just searched Osmiroid Ink vs. Osmiroid Free Flowing Black Ink.

#4 Gao

Gao

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:42

I use the Osmiroid Free Flowing Black Ink in my drawings, i am a artist/draftsman.

this is the only ink i can use that will flow through my extra fine nibs and are water souable enough to do washes with it.

can anyone recommend inks that i could use that would compare to the Osmiroid Free Flowing Black Ink

OR

do you know where i can buy some of this discontinued vintage ink, i am willing to Overpay for the ink if you have some or know someone who can get some.

i have been trying for years to get more ink, but just can't find any.

Osmiroid Free Flowing, I used black the most, would also be interested in blue and brown.

#5 shea2812

shea2812

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2016 - 11:43

I found two bottles of these today.  I suppose they are not the same as the free flowing one.  I does has a nice shade of black similar to Manuscript Black that I use in FPs.  Not sure that I want to ink my regular FPs with these.  It does flow reasonably well in Osmiroid basic calligraphy that I got with them.

Attached Images

• P1050239.JPG

#6 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2016 - 17:33

I've used it. It's really black. No problems with it.

#7 shea2812

shea2812

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 March 2016 - 18:00

I've used it. It's really black. No problems with it.

Thanks for the input.  May want to fill my regular Sonnet with it.

#8 cassmacme

cassmacme

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:32

I am new to fountain pens and ink.  I am taking a watercolor class and I need to find an ink that is waterproof, like an India Ink. I have Osmiroid Free Flowing Black Ink and Higgins Calligraphy waterproof black ink.  Which one can I use to sketch a drawing and then won't smear when I paint it with watercolors? Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: osmiroid ink, osmiroid

Sponsored Content

|