Availability Of Platinum 3776

holgalee

Nearly 3 months ago, I ordered a Platinum 3776 Chartres Blue with extra fine nib from a Japanese online shop, but the pen is still not available. Apparently, the vendor goes through a distributor, who claims that Platinum is not giving the exact date for the availability of the pen.

I'm quite surprised as I've read of others getting their 3776 pens from Engeika/Taizo (not the shop I'm using), but have not seen such a long waiting period. Is this common? I've been offered a refund or credit but I really want the pen.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Faisel

• holgalee

• Hewson

• maverink

Get the refund and order from Taizo (no affiliation - just a satisfied customer) after confirming availability

I received my 3776 Chartres Blue towards the end of March having placed the order just after Christmas. I had ordered it from Taizo and actually had my order cancelled by the end of February as Platinum were out of stock and not giving an ETA on availability. I only got my pen after Taizo gave me a refund. I suspect that you'll have a bit of a wait. I don't think Platinum expected this pen to be as popular as it has been.

Definitely try Taizo he's good at working with the companies and getting custom orders in quickly and EMS is fast as hell.

If not, I suggest taking your search to eBay. It only costs ~$110 AUD which is roughly $100 USD from eBay. You pay a small premium but they have the stock and it'll ship it within a few days!

Yes try ebay or rakuten marketplace I bought my bourgone red 3776 only Chartres blue with bold was avbl all the best with your purchase

Pilot custom heritage 74 all nibs, 742 Fa and PO nibs, 823 F 92 F,M, 3776 FM,EF,1911F

And all indian pens

The stock nibs for Chartres Blue and Bourgogne are F, M and B. EF nibs were order made. I had to wait about a month. I was told there are lots of manual processes to create the EF nib.

I am still awaiting the #3776 Black on Black with UEF.

My collection: 149 EF/F/B/OBB, Collodi B/Twain F/Mann F, 146 M, Silver Barley F, M1000/M800 B'o'B/M800 Tortoise/Sahara/415 BT/215/205 Blue Demo, Optima Demo Red M/88 EF & Italic/Europa, Emotica, 2K/Safaris/Al-Stars/Vista, Edson DB/Carene BS, Pilot 845/823/742/743/Silvern/M90/Makies, Sailor Profit Realo M/KOP Makies/Profit Makies/Profit 21 Naginata MF&M/KOP/KOP Mosaiques/Sterling Silvers,Platinum #3776 Celluloids/Izumos/Wood pens/Sterling Silvers,YoL Grand Victorian, and more (I lost counting)

I just got a couple of the new ballpoints from kyoto.pen.store(Noriko Ichikawa) to match my 3776 pens in Chartres Blue and Bourgogne. It took 5 days from Japan to Tx.

Regards

Jeff

Get a refund to be safe. If you actually get it, just pay him back.

I ordered a Platinum Pin Stripe Sterling Silver pen from him. Before I ordered he told me that he had one in stock and asked me to quickly make the order. I made the order a couple of hours later and I got the shipment (with other stuff) but not the pen.

After prolonged period of FB/email pestering he replied that there's no stock and it would never come again. Sigh. Made it worse because it was like almost a $500 pen >__<

My version of the guide for the Pilot Varsity Nib transplantation to the Platinum Preppy

DIY Retractable Fountain Pen (Couldn't get it to work, now refilling Schmidt 888 M refills with FP inks in a Pilot G2 Limited, the ceramic roller tip is as smooth as a Firm FP steel nib, Poor Man's VP I guess)

Get a refund to be safe. If you actually get it, just pay him back.

I ordered a Platinum Pin Stripe Sterling Silver pen from him. Before I ordered he told me that he had one in stock and asked me to quickly make the order. I made the order a couple of hours later and I got the shipment (with other stuff) but not the pen.

After prolonged period of FB/email pestering he replied that there's no stock and it would never come again. Sigh. Made it worse because it was like almost a $500 pen >__<

Did he refund you the price of the pen?

Thanks for all the suggestions. I didn't get my pen from Engeika but Pencils.co.jp. I've decided to wait for the pen. It may be a long wait. >_<

I have purchased the Blue Platinum #3776 from Taizo just a few days ago.

He did mention that it would take some time to ship.

Thus, the task is not so much to see what no one has seen,

but to think what nobody has yet thought,

about that which everybody sees (Erwin Schrodinger)