The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Availability Of Platinum 3776

japanese fountain pen platinum 3776 stocks

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 holgalee

holgalee

pen friendly person

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:33

Nearly 3 months ago, I ordered a Platinum 3776 Chartres Blue with extra fine nib from a Japanese online shop, but the pen is still not available. Apparently, the vendor goes through a distributor, who claims that Platinum is not giving the exact date for the availability of the pen. 

I'm quite surprised as I've read of others getting their 3776 pens from Engeika/Taizo (not the shop I'm using), but have not seen such a long waiting period. Is this common? I've been offered a refund or credit but I really want the pen.

Sponsored Content

#2 Sridhar

Sridhar

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:27

Get the refund and order from Taizo (no affiliation - just a satisfied customer) after confirming availability

#3 Faisel

Faisel

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:42

I received my 3776 Chartres Blue towards the end of March having placed the order just after Christmas. I had ordered it from Taizo and actually had my order cancelled by the end of February as Platinum were out of stock and not giving an ETA on availability. I only got my pen after Taizo gave me a refund. I suspect that you'll have a bit of a wait. I don't think Platinum expected this pen to be as popular as it has been.

#4 Hewson

Hewson

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:03

Definitely try Taizo he's good at working with the companies and getting custom orders in quickly and EMS is fast as hell.

If not, I suggest taking your search to eBay. It only costs ~$110 AUD which is roughly $100 USD from eBay. You pay a small premium but they have the stock and it'll ship it within a few days!

#5 maverink

maverink

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2014 - 15:35

Yes try ebay or rakuten marketplace I bought my bourgone red 3776 only Chartres blue with bold was avbl all the best with your purchase
Pilot custom heritage 74 all nibs, 742 Fa and PO nibs, 823 F 92 F,M, 3776 FM,EF,1911F
And all indian pens

#6 Pen2009

Pen2009

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:44

The stock nibs for Chartres Blue and Bourgogne are F, M and B.  EF nibs were order made.  I had to wait about a month. I was told there are lots of manual processes to create the EF nib.  

I am still awaiting the #3776 Black on Black with UEF. 

My collection: 149 EF/F/B/OBB, Collodi B/Twain F/Mann F, 146 M, Silver Barley F, M1000/M800 B'o'B/M800 Tortoise/Sahara/415 BT/215/205 Blue Demo, Optima Demo Red M/88 EF & Italic/Europa, Emotica, 2K/Safaris/Al-Stars/Vista, Edson DB/Carene BS, Pilot 845/823/742/743/Silvern/M90/Makies, Sailor Profit Realo M/KOP Makies/Profit Makies/Profit 21 Naginata MF&M/KOP/KOP Mosaiques/Sterling Silvers,Platinum #3776 Celluloids/Izumos/Wood pens/Sterling Silvers,YoL Grand Victorian, and more (I lost counting)

#7 jkingrph

jkingrph

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 973 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 April 2014 - 22:29

I just got a couple of the new ballpoints from kyoto.pen.store(Noriko Ichikawa) to match my 3776 pens in Chartres Blue and Bourgogne. It took 5 days from Japan to Tx.
Regards

Jeff

#8 Tenkai

Tenkai

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 May 2014 - 14:37

Get a refund to be safe. If you actually get it, just pay him back.

I ordered a Platinum Pin Stripe Sterling Silver pen from him. Before I ordered he told me that he had one in stock and asked me to quickly make the order. I made the order a couple of hours later and I got the shipment (with other stuff) but not the pen.

After prolonged period of FB/email pestering he replied that there's no stock and it would never come again. Sigh. Made it worse because it was like almost a $500 pen >__<

My version of the guide for the Pilot Varsity Nib transplantation to the Platinum Preppy

DIY Retractable Fountain Pen (Couldn't get it to work, now refilling Schmidt 888 M refills with FP inks in a Pilot G2 Limited, the ceramic roller tip is as smooth as a Firm FP steel nib, Poor Man's VP I guess)

#9 Faisel

Faisel

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 May 2014 - 22:45

Get a refund to be safe. If you actually get it, just pay him back.

I ordered a Platinum Pin Stripe Sterling Silver pen from him. Before I ordered he told me that he had one in stock and asked me to quickly make the order. I made the order a couple of hours later and I got the shipment (with other stuff) but not the pen.

After prolonged period of FB/email pestering he replied that there's no stock and it would never come again. Sigh. Made it worse because it was like almost a $500 pen >__<

Did he refund you the price of the pen?

#10 holgalee

holgalee

pen friendly person

• Member - Gold

• 1,185 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:06

Thanks for all the suggestions. I didn't get my pen from Engeika but Pencils.co.jp. I've decided to wait for the pen. It may be a long wait. >_<

#11 Barzi

Barzi

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 May 2014 - 13:44

I have purchased the  Blue Platinum #3776 from Taizo just a few days ago.

He did mention that it would take some time to ship.

Thus, the task is not so much to see what no one has seen, 

but to think what nobody has yet thought, 

about that which everybody sees (Erwin Schrodinger)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: japanese fountain pen, platinum 3776, stocks

Sponsored Content

|