New Classifieds Functionality

wimg

For what ever reason the software shows how long the listing has left versus the list date. For instance a brand new listing made an hour ago would say "Time Left" 179 days and 23 hours. Listings run for 180 days. So you can tell how long a listing has been running by subtracting the time left from 180 days. You will notice that they are not always in time order, that is because people are allowed to periodically 'bump' their ads.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RMN

• lavie

• Chrissy

• GeekyGirl

Top Posters In This Topic

For what ever reason the software shows how long the listing has left versus the list date. For instance a brand new listing made an hour ago would say "Time Left" 179 days and 23 hours. Listings run for 180 days. So you can tell how long a listing has been running by subtracting the time left from 180 days. You will notice that they are not always in time order, that is because people are allowed to periodically 'bump' their ads.

Thanks for your reply. I'm just saying that having the list date would be incredibly helpful as subtracting days from 180 is not. It's very cumbersome and if you don't peruse the listings often, you might not remember what the total day count is–or at least I don't. Dates would be helpful.

I agree with you on that, maybe the next version of the Classifieds software will allow that.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I think this is in accordance with the use at auctions like Ebay, where the time left to react is given.

The time a classified was active used to be 30 days, and the time left was then helpfull.

Now the running time is extended to 180 days, and the use of time left seems a bit awkward now.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Another difficulty I have had is that there seems to be a time after which ads can't be edited, despite ads now lasting for 180 days.

I have an ad that I tried to edit and couldn't. My only option was to close it and it still had more than a month to run before it expired. That meant I can't put sold on it, or reduce the price if it hasn't sold. I don't see why there should be a problem with being able to edit for the duration of the ad.

I just posted my first Classified listing and the images do not display correctly. My original images is rotated left for some reason. So I tried rotating to the right and re-uploading, which didn't work, so I rotated twice more, which should have left me with one out of four images that displayed correctly. It didn't.

Is this a known issue? I have not see this problem with other listings. Thanks!

Edited by GeekyGirl

GeekyGirl,

My guess is that you took that picture with your phone, and then rotated it on your computer using a photo viewing program, but without actually editing the photo. I've had the same problem. It seems the two seem to clash over telling the software which edge is up.

I decided to help a Carolina Girl out, and fixed it for you.

--Dale

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog | My Creative Writing Blog | My Heraldry Designs

http://dcroe05.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/crestdr.png?w=100

GeekyGirl,

a

My guess is that you took that picture with your phone, and then rotated it on your computer using a photo viewing program, but without actually editing the photo. I've had the same problem. It seems the two seem to clash over telling the software which edge is up.

I decided to help a Carolina Girl out, and fixed it for you.

--Dale

Oh wow, you even "fixed" my disclaimer as well. Thanks Dale!

–Yes, I did take it on my phone but it imports to my computer with the correct orientation. The odd thing was that I duplicated three times, rotating each ¼ turn (at least one should be correct), the rotated images uploaded with incorrect orientations. Thanks again!

Edited by GeekyGirl

–Yes, I did take it on my phone but it imports to my computer with the correct orientation. The odd thing was that I duplicated three times, rotating each ¼ turn (at least one should be correct), the rotated images uploaded with incorrect orientations. Thanks again!

I've had the same problem, before. And not only on this forum. All I did to fix it was download the image, open it in an image editing software, rotate it, save it as a new image, and upload the new image. I don't know enough about how JPGs work to know what's going on specifically, but I've only ever had it happen with phone pics.

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog | My Creative Writing Blog | My Heraldry Designs

http://dcroe05.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/crestdr.png?w=100

Go to the search box, top right underneath the black bar at the top of the page, and click on the right hand side cog, that is the advanced search button...

Thanks Chrissy!

Hi, I'm a newbie, and hope I'm posting in the right place. Can you tell me how to search the Classifieds? I'm looking for particular brand of pen, and I can't believe that the only option is to browse through 1000+ ads? And if I want to revisit a particular one I found, do I have to browse through 1000+ again to find that needle (pen!) in the haystack?

So many pens, so little time.

penfiend.com

Hi, I'm a newbie, and hope I'm posting in the right place. Can you tell me how to search the Classifieds? I'm looking for particular brand of pen, and I can't believe that the only option is to browse through 1000+ ads? And if I want to revisit a particular one I found, do I have to browse through 1000+ again to find that needle (pen!) in the haystack?

Hi Loili

I could tell you, but posting a question in a topic while the answer is given a few posts back, that would be too easy.

So, look up ^^^^^^

D.ick

~

~

Go to the search box, top right underneath the black bar at the top of the page, and click on the right hand side cog, that is the advanced search button.

Type your search into the box, in quotes if you want to be specific i.e. "Parker 51" Then select you want to search in Classifieds, scroll down and press the search button and voila you should see all Parker 51's for sale in our Classifieds

Chrissy - I just noticed your flag, which I did not recognize. So I looked it up, and saw that it is the Welsh flag.

I'm curious: must all fountain pens in Wales be filled with Diamine's "Red Dragon" ink???

:)

Lavie

Chrissy - I just noticed your flag, which I did not recognize. So I looked it up, and saw that it is the Welsh flag.

I'm curious: must all fountain pens in Wales be filled with Diamine's "Red Dragon" ink???

:)

Lavie

I guess leek-green is also allowed...

D.ick

~

~