New Classifieds Functionality

wimg

Dearest Members and Visitors to our Little Fountain Pen Nuthouse on the Digital Prairie,

As some of you have noticed, there still are a few flaws in our Classifieds software. It doesn't prevent it from working, but when they crop up they are annoying, especially the one in particular preventing the renewal of items listed. It doesn't happen always, but when it does, it means recreating the advert essentially from scratch.

In order to alleviate this problem we have made a few changes to the setup, where an advert doesn't have to be renewed anymore, but will run now for 180 days, which is the original 30 days plus the original 5 renewals.

Obviously this would mean that a classified under normal circumstances would never float to the top of the list anymore.

Fortunately we found a solution for this too, namely a similar implementation we used to have before, namely a bump button with a time delay. We have set this bump button (Push Ad button) to the same time delay we used to have in the old style sales forums, namely 7 days. IOW, every 7 days you can now bump your advert to the top again, and no complex renewals are required anymore to achieve this.

The button will indicate how many days there are left before it can be used again.

Enjoy!

Warm regards, Wim

On behalf of the FPN Moderator and Admin Team

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RMN

• lavie

• Chrissy

• GeekyGirl

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! I really missed this function

Lennard

Nib (re)plating: please visit www.Dutchpen.com

So that's what that new button "means".

Great idea and thank you for staying on top of things.

-S-

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Not impressed, I like to see the new entries first not old entries bumped.

Experience is the name everyone gives to his mistakes.

Thanks Wim,

I just noticed the 180 day extension ...

Its a great relief for me ...

the previous 30day limit drove me nuts and I gave up advertising becos I had problems renewing the ad after the expiry....

:)

... 671 crafted ... one at a time ... ☺️

instagram

You're 'da Man, Wim!

:)

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

Not impressed, I like to see the new entries first not old entries bumped.

Of course, if we had a "date posted" section for each entry, that might hurt the sales of older listings.

Of course, if we had a "date posted" section for each entry, that might hurt the sales of older listings.

There actually is such a thing as a date stamp. Every had has an indicator on how long it will still run. As the new settings set a listing to a maximum of 180 days. The closer to 180 days it is, the newer it is, with the exception of those adverts which have been listed after March 20, as far as they are still running. On May 20, all adverts will be running according to the new listing length, so it will be completely transparent by then.

BTW, most adverts run well less than a week; turnover here is rather high.

Warm regards, Wim

P.S.: Click on the "Time Left" filter and adverts will be ordered from newest to oldest.

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

• 5 months later...

Now if only there were a search function.....

There is, just click search while in classifieds (top right hand corner)

EDIT: I meant the settings icon NEXT to search

Edited by superglueshoe

There is, just click search while in classifieds (top right hand corner)

EDIT: I meant the settings icon NEXT to search

I guess you mean advanced search....

The little cogwheel...

But you can also click the little arrow just after "Google search" and choose classifieds at the bottom.

And you don't have to be in classifieds to use either.

Just click the appropriate radiobutton.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

I guess you mean advanced search....

The little cogwheel...

But you can also click the little arrow just after "Google search" and choose classifieds at the bottom.

And you don't have to be in classifieds to use either.

Just click the appropriate radiobutton.

D.ick

Cool!

Thanks for explaining properly. I've never really searched classifieds before. I'm more of a "next page" warrior haha

Thanks much! I would never have guessed a little wheel means search. Great.

Edited by chas0039

I have never felt so stupid in my life:

I entered the classified forum to find a Parker 51 for sale. I assumed there would be a very intuitive way of searching only for a Parker 51. I assumed wrong.

Could someone please teach me how to filter the results in the Classified Forum?

TIA,

Lavie

Go to the search box, top right underneath the black bar at the top of the page, and click on the right hand side cog, that is the advanced search button.

Type your search into the box, in quotes if you want to be specific i.e. "Parker 51" Then select you want to search in Classifieds, scroll down and press the search button and voila you should see all Parker 51's for sale in our Classifieds

Nice idea. Thanks for posting.

I have another idea. Anytime I look at a classified ad I always look for a list date, which I've never seen. This would be incredibly helpful as there is no way to know this.

Thanks!