Strange Angel On A Nib

Agge

Hi.

A friend of mine have a old senator pen (the company not the parker model) that have a strange nib design. The nib don't have any marks that show that it have been bent by accident and it writes really good the way it is now.

The pen was given to my friends mother in Ukraine 20years ago or more.

From what I can find the pen is of the model souverän but i have been unable to find any more info on it or picture on-line. It was deliverer in a box with a similar style roller ball pen.

http://i.imgur.com/1F3LD70l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1F3LD70.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xkv3y2cl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xkv3y2c.jpg

The text on the nib say "Schmidt fine iridium point"

http://i.imgur.com/UwjIzjVl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UwjIzjV.jpg

Do anyone have any info about the pen or the nib?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KBeezie

• orfew

• GeekyGirl

• Agge

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like something I got up to in school when I knew nothing about pens. It's an exaggeration of a DIY, kitchen-table-surgery flow adjustment on a point; it's not dropped, but carefully and deliberately done.

...OR, someone who almost knew how to work an FP wrote with it upside down and with too much pressure. Same effect, but not done on purpose.

Ravensmarch Pens & Books
It's mainly pens, just now....

Oh, good heavens. He's got a blog now, too.

fpn_1465330536__hwabutton.jpg

Am I the only one who clicked into this thread expecting to see an "Angel" on a nib?

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

Sorry I am really not good at spelling in English I did not relics that I made a mistake with the topic until you pointed it out :(

Sorry I am really not good at spelling in English I did not relics that I made a mistake with the topic until you pointed it out :(

Please do not worry about it. I was only joking. My apologies.

Edited by orfew

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

Agge, I don't know anything about your nib, but I have one with a similar bend that is also purposeful. It writes wonderfully, so I don't worry about it.

And I also was expecting to see angels on a nib! I am a native writer of American English, but I don't proofread my own work very well, so I come of up with some bad typos very often; I appreciate that your little mistake has given me a great new image!

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

I have an Esterbrook with a nib like this, and it writes perfectly.

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4.8

I cured a '36 Parker Canadian nib on a 39 Vac, bent like that.

Take a spiral notebook (so there is space for the feed to be free), place the nib on the paper, use the end edge of a drill bit, and press and roll/run it down the nib tip at the same time.

Don't use too much pressure, each time. Soon it will be straight enough....you don't want to press the nib away from the feed. There can be a slight bend to it...some nibs have that.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Don't worry , I supost you wish to write "strange angle on a nib" , thats fine for me, everything is context.

Btw, go to tools and zoom it to 400 then you will see the nib tip as the head of an angel and the streams of light in both sides are the wings. Greetings.

Am I the only one who clicked into this thread expecting to see an "Angel" on a nib?

Being it's Easter, who knows what to expect. :)

Well, more to the point...

I have a few pens with this sort of nib configuration, a Conway Stewart comes to mind, vintage. Pens from the 40s and 50s. I think that the nibs were made that way and served some sort of purpose.

Upshot: This is normal for your nib and if it writes well, leave it as it is and relax.

No, you aren't the only one, but I was thinking symbolically and wasn't sure what I'd see. Of course I AM writing a literary analysis at the moment, which explains my far out-ness in this respect . . .

No, you aren't the only one, but I was thinking symbolically and wasn't sure what I'd see. Of course I AM writing a literary analysis at the moment, which explains my far out-ness in this respect . . .

Being it's Easter, who knows what to expect. :)

Sometimes after seeing how people help one another here and do things like PIF, or communicate openly, I think this might be a very special place. And maybe that makes it heavenly.

If one takes away the religious aspects of the term "angel", you would think it is just someone who respects, cares about and helps someone else without expecting something in return. So I think this is a place to find angels! :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Sometimes after seeing how people help one another here and do things like PIF, or communicate openly, I think this might be a very special place. And maybe that makes it heavenly.

If one takes away the religious aspects of the term "angel", you would think it is just someone who respects, cares about and helps someone else without expecting something in return. So I think this is a place to find angels! :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Holy Nib... :D hehe

In regards to the original topic, I would say if it seems to write fine and doesn't mess with your hands, leave it alone, better than being bent the opposite direction (no contact with the feed and what not).

Edited by KBeezie

That's a beautiful thought. FPN is definitely that.

Edited by GeekyGirl