The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Announcement: New Privacy Policy
Please note that as of today, May 25, 2018, a new Privacy & Cookie Policy is in force, compliant with the GDPR. By continuing to use FPN, you accept this new policy.
You may find the new policy by clicking the button or link at the bottom of each page called "Privacy Policy", or alternatively by clicking below:

New Privacy Policy
***** The FPN Admin Team *****

Photo

Pocket Notebook Find In Walmart

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DaveBj

DaveBj

Viking Pen Wielder

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:16

Notebook open.JPG

Until you ink a pen, it is merely a pretty stick.  --UK Mike

My arsenal, in order of acquisition: Sailor 21 Pocket Pen M, Cross Solo M, Online Calligraphy, Monteverde Invincia F, Hero 359 M, Jinhao X450 M, Levenger True Writer M, Jinhao 159 M, Platinum Balance F, TWSBI Classic 1.1 stub, Platinum Preppy 0.3 F, 7 Pilot Varsity M disposables refillables, Speedball penholder, TWSBI 580 USA EF, Pilot MR, Noodler's Ahab 1.1 stub, another Preppy 0.3, Preppy EF 0.2, ASA Sniper F, Click Majestic F, Kaweco Sport M, Pilot Prera F, Baoer 79 M (fake Starwalker), Hero 616 M (fake Parker), Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands M . . .

31 and counting :D

DaveBj

Sponsored Content

#2 DaveBj

DaveBj

Viking Pen Wielder

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:19

Here's a shot of the notebook closed, with a ruler alongside for comparison.  There's an elastic band to keep it closed and a ribbon place-holder, although you can't see them in this picture.

Notbook cover.JPG

Part of my reason for posting this was to test my ability to take and post pictures.  Critiques?

Edited by DaveBj, 20 April 2014 - 02:20.

Until you ink a pen, it is merely a pretty stick.  --UK Mike

My arsenal, in order of acquisition: Sailor 21 Pocket Pen M, Cross Solo M, Online Calligraphy, Monteverde Invincia F, Hero 359 M, Jinhao X450 M, Levenger True Writer M, Jinhao 159 M, Platinum Balance F, TWSBI Classic 1.1 stub, Platinum Preppy 0.3 F, 7 Pilot Varsity M disposables refillables, Speedball penholder, TWSBI 580 USA EF, Pilot MR, Noodler's Ahab 1.1 stub, another Preppy 0.3, Preppy EF 0.2, ASA Sniper F, Click Majestic F, Kaweco Sport M, Pilot Prera F, Baoer 79 M (fake Starwalker), Hero 616 M (fake Parker), Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands M . . .

31 and counting :D

DaveBj

#3 cei-face

cei-face

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:44

Any feathering? See through?

#4 Bemo

Bemo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 April 2014 - 15:24

Did they have bigger sizes?

#5 Amyj

Amyj

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:14

I was wondering when someone else would discover this...

There are both smaller and larger sizes available. There's even a 400 page journal, although there's no ribbon or elastic to hold that one shut. 

I own 2 of the small (80 page) versions of this and I haven't experienced any bleedthrough even with heavy scribbling over the same area, but there is a (very) little bit of feathering and a minimal amount of show through. Very reasonable price for it all, I say go find some if you haven't already.

Sponsored Content

|