Picture Review Of My First Poa

KJY

Dear fellow FPN-friends

Back again to show you my Patron of Art pen.

It’s my first one and I want to give you the same feeling that I have got when opening it. So take your time (this topic will be picture heavy) and hope you will enjoy this moment together with me.

When I received the bag I felt that the packaging of this pen is much heavier and bigger than I am used to have.

fpn_1397942530__poa_bag.jpg

I received it at my office and wanted to open this in a quiet moment to enjoy and take pictures of it step by step. This is the view of my glimpse at it.

fpn_1397942455__glimpse.jpg

Now the opening of the bag starts. Hey MB changed the colour of the packingpaper (used to be gold and green)

fpn_1397942294__packaging.jpg

Let’s open it. Oh the wrong side. So you still don’t know which pen I got.

fpn_1397942756__sneakpeak.jpg

Aah the moment of revealing the name of the POA.

fpn_1397942840__sneakpeak2.jpg

Wow this is the first time I see that even the penbox has been sealed.

fpn_1397942919__sealed_box.jpg

fpn_1397943007__unsealing.jpg

fpn_1397943055__unsealing_2.jpg

After opening the box.

fpn_1397943101__steinway_sealed.jpg

Finally everything unpacked

fpn_1397943183__steinway_unsealed.jpg

Let the pictures speak for themself

fpn_1397943275__steinway_barrel_and_cap.

fpn_1397943347__steinway_section_and_cap

fpn_1397943384__steinway_cap.jpg

fpn_1397943418__steinway_cap2.jpg

fpn_1397943459__steinway_pistonknob.jpg

fpn_1397943565__img_2280_large.jpg

fpn_1397943638__img_2281_large.jpg

fpn_1397943691__img_2286_large.jpg

fpn_1397943748__img_2278_large.jpg

This pen reminds me of the Collodi

fpn_1397943800__steinway_vs_collodi.jpg

fpn_1397943897__steinway_collodi_mann.jp

First impressions of the pen is that has a classique appearance with its pianablack-laque and goldfittings. The section of the pen is not that steep as maybe previous factory pics shows. The grip is ok and I don't feel anything annoying when holding the pen as normal.

So that's it for now. I am not planning to use this one, so no writingsamples with the pen this time.

I think I will keep it to admire it now and then.

Hope you enjoyed watching the pics.

Happy Easter to you!

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):

Appelboom

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KJY

• Bohemee

• rugby66de

• maxtor71

Congratulation! The pen is very impresive, also great shots!

Happy Easter to you too!

Nice and you're happy with it what is most important so i'll keep my considerations on the steinway for me ;)

A people can be great withouth a great pen but a people who love great pens is surely a great people too...

Pens owned actually: MB 146 EF;Pelikan M200 SE Clear Demonstrator 2012 B;Parker 17 EF;Parker 51 EF;Waterman Expert II M,Waterman Hemisphere M;Waterman Carene F and Stub;Pilot Justus 95 F.

Nearly owned: MB 149 B(Circa 2002);Conway Stewart Belliver LE bracket Brown IB.

Thanks very much for sharing the un-boxing process. Great photos.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

Many congratulations on your new pen KJY. Great choice.

Thank you for sharing so generously with us.

Pavoni.

Fantastic pen for those who enjoy pens and the piano and two prestigious brands in their respective industries. Congrats!!

P.S. I'm not one for buying pens for investment, but if any pen will increase in value, I predict it's this one.

Edited by Blade Runner

I enjoyed this post a lot! Thanks for taking the time to experience the purchase of your new pen. It truly is beautiful.

Thanks for this Thread and the famous pictures! I had buy my first POA - Gaius Maecenas - end of February! it' s was also a great experience and a good feeling for me! I understand you very good!

Now I addicted for more and yes, the Steinway - POA is very nice!

Happy Easter!

Big fan of the Henry E Steinway POA pens. I just got my 888 yesterday - wasn't convinced by the photographs on the web but when I saw and handled it in person, it was a different story.

Max

congrats on the pen.

I am puzzled by you not wanting to ink it. What's the point of just looking at it? You already opened the box, might as well enjoy it.

Kind of like buying a new car at the dealer and towing it to your garage.

I guess if I wanted to leave a pen uninked... would just go look at them at the Mont Blanc boutique. =)

Hopefully you get some ink in her. Congrats again.

Congrats on your beautiful new pen! I just cannot understand the point in buying such an expensive pen and not writing with. It's like having a Porsche lying in your garage. :)

But it's a personal choice, of course.

Happy Eastern!

Enjoy your new pen. I hope it continues to bring you joy, inked or not.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Hi KJY what a beautiful pen indeed absolutely gorgeous, is this pen meant to represent something about the arts. Also is it a piston filler. Btw did you have to pay extra for gift wrapping, congratulations and enjoy it. What ink are you planning to use in it.

Congrats! I felt like opening the box myself! A fantastic addition to your collection.

Happy Easter to all friends!

Great collection of pics which capture the anticipation of what is within. On the pen itself yes I do like the looks of that one although do like to hold etc prior to commiting to buy. Enjoy in good health

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......