The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Mont Blanc Nib Alignment Issue

montblanc repair 149 mont blanc service

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Dillonjamesbrown

Dillonjamesbrown

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 April 2014 - 18:59

I have a Mont Blanc 159, from the early 90's and the nib is ever so slightly misaligned which is leading so some feed issues. It's unlikely that it will require a new nib or anything, can anybody suggest a ball park figure for the cost of a service? Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Content

#2 Steve Browne

Steve Browne

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 April 2014 - 19:05

I think they have a fixed price for servicing, around £60.  I spoke to MB about having the nib changed on my 149 (April 2014) and was quoted £205. I was also told that the cost is due to go up in May!

#3 Dillonjamesbrown

Dillonjamesbrown

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 April 2014 - 19:11

Yeah I know they are expensive to replace, it's just offset to the right half a mm or so I imagine it will just involve taking out and resetting in the feed, a job that to be honest I think is ridiculous that I can't do myself. On of the reasons my edc pen is a lamy safari, nothing you can't fix yourself on it

#4 Dillonjamesbrown

Dillonjamesbrown

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 April 2014 - 19:12

And thanks for the speedy response, I was told fpn was the place to go

#5 Steve Browne

Steve Browne

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 April 2014 - 19:27

There's a thread on FPN "Pulling a 149 nib" - it could be helpful as it discusses tools etc.  You may feel it is better use of your hard earned cash to go that route?

#6 jslallar

jslallar

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 April 2014 - 19:34

I have a Mont Blanc 159, from the early 90's and the nib is ever so slightly misaligned which is leading so some feed issues. It's unlikely that it will require a new nib or anything, can anybody suggest a ball park figure for the cost of a service? Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated

a Mont Blanc 159, from the early 90's??? 

are you sure about the model number?

Enjoy your pens
Have a nice day
Junaid

#7 Dillonjamesbrown

Dillonjamesbrown

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:56

Ahh of course a 149, silly mistake

#8 Blade Runner

Blade Runner

Blade Runner

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,162 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 April 2014 - 00:07

You might be able to gently fix it yourself.  Otherwise a good nib tech would be my recommendation.   

#9 Woodster

Woodster

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:32

You might also consider making contact with John Sorowka who is on FPN as Oxonian. He sorted my 149 nib a while ago which had feed issues and he also ground the nib to an OB. This is the best writing pen I have ever had - the man is a genius!

#10 Touchstone68

Touchstone68

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:56

I would second John Sorowka.  He has just swapped the nib on my wife's silver Soliatire Doue.  He's made an excellent job of it and I suspect he will not charge you the cost of an MB service to adjust your nib and feed.

Good luck,

Tim

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montblanc, repair, 149, mont, blanc, service

Sponsored Content

|