#21 Runnin_Ute

Runnin_Ute

Donor Pen

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,272 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:45

A single Estie J (green) - 3 nibs - a 1555 Gregg Fine, a Venus Fine and a 9550 EF posting nib. What does it mean when you have triple the number of nibs as you do pens?

Edited by Runnin_Ute, 26 April 2014 - 02:45.

Brad "Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

LetterExchange_sm.pngfpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20res

#22 Hobiwan

Hobiwan

All I ever wanted was a nice pen to write with...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:22

Niboholism - a secondary complication often contracted by penoholics.  Most found among the Estieholic population because of the plethora of nibs available.... 

Patients have reported its onset after first declaring "This xxxx is the right point for the way I write".  Then a different one shows up that, well  .... 

Best Regards
Paul

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
– Albert Einstein

#23 OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,018 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:26

Estieholic.

<Shedding a tear>

That's beautiful.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

#24 estie1948

estie1948

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:12

Niboholism - a secondary complication often contracted by penoholics.  Most found among the Estieholic population because of the plethora of nibs available.... 

Patients have reported its onset after first declaring "This xxxx is the right point for the way I write".  Then a different one shows up that, well  .... 

That is true! That is exactly how it works! You see, the 9550 is my perfect nib. However, what if the 9450 should happen to be a bit better and I never tried it? Shouldn't a person have one or two 3xxx nibs?

I mean I could see how it would work that way . . . if I were an Estieholic.

-David.

No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery. -Anon.
A backward poet writes inverse. -Anon.

#25 flyingfox

flyingfox

Coffee, tea, or ink?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2014 - 18:33

Ah, Estieholism...  Crack rock of the fountain pen world, that's why there is not such thing as "experimenting" when it comes to Estie! 

I got my first Estie exactly about a year ago, and now- somehow I have five Esties and a couple of extra nibs LOL!!!  My very first one came with 9556, which I thought was absolutely perfect, until I got my second one, with 9668, *SWOON*...  And- if a 2668 nib is somehow sold at a flea market, looking lonely all by itself surrounded by dip pen nibs, OF COURSE I have to bring it home.... 

#26 kidde

kidde

SQUIRREL!!!!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:16

So, my "skunk" quest has met it's end. Twice. A J and an LJ. Definitely my cleanest Esties, time to pull the gray out and insert a skunk into my daily carry.
Yes, I fell off the wagon. But the good thing is I won't have to get more for another 15-20 minutes!

Paul

"Nothing is impossible, even the word says 'I'm Possible!'" Audrey Hepburn

[Sponsored Content]