Less "thought"; More "hey, Look!"

ethernautrix

Mhh Amber can we please see some #13 scribbles? (O) (O) <--- puppy eyes

Konrad - if #13 is not teal it could be the winner in the blue contest :)

Dang it, I was looking for Maybe from SNL. This is what comes up .... All the other inks...try and chase me.... Though I had a car like that.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• ethernautrix

• kwzi

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok. So I prepared 3 test batches of Blue #1-3, and everything looks fine. There is no staining, after 5 days, while all other properties are the same.

I feel now kinda dumb because to remove the staining problem I just needed to slightly modify one of the first versions of those inks ;)

I have a lot of tape - and I won't hesitate to use it!

That's okay, kwzi. I feel dumb every day.

Walk in shadow / Walk in dread / Loosefish walk / As Like one dead

How did I miss this? These look fantastic.

http://stubblefield.me Inks Available for Sample Exchange: Noodler's Black, Blue Black, Apache Sunset, Private Reserve Black Cherry, Sherwood Green, Tanzanite, Velvet Black, De Atramentis Aubergine, J. Herbin Lie de The, 1670 Rouge Hematite, Bleu Ocean, Lamy Turquoise, Rohrer & Klingner Salix, Sheaffer Skrip Blue-Black, OS Red Rubber Ball, Parker Quink Blue (India version)

I've decided I'd like to start with #'s 3, 7, 9, 10, 13, 17, 23, 25, 27, 28, 32, 34, 41, 42, 44, 45, 46 if I get those at 30mL that's what $39 + S&H? I bet I could swing that. Now Amber, if you are able to get them in pouches and put them in the Akkerman style bottles...Priceless.

Amber, in this post https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/270057-k-w-z-i-konrad-3-and-4/?do=findComment&comment=3056478 you wrote a 791 in red ink that had a gold tinge. Is that one of these inks? J Herbin Rouge Hematite? I'd love to find something like that. Thank you again for the sample page. Though looking at what you wrote I think I'm just confused and you said the blue #3 sheens gold.

Edited by Morames

I've decided I'd like to start with #'s 3, 7, 9, 10, 13, 17, 23, 25, 27, 28, 32, 34, 41, 42, 44, 45, 46 if I get those at 30mL that's what $39 + S&H? I bet I could swing that. Now Amber, if you are able to get them in pouches and put them in the Akkerman style bottles...Priceless.

Amber, in this post https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/270057-k-w-z-i-konrad-3-and-4/?do=findComment&comment=3056478 you wrote a 791 in red ink that had a gold tinge. Is that one of these inks? J Herbin Rouge Hematite? I'd love to find something like that. Thank you again for the sample page. Though looking at what you wrote I think I'm just confused and you said the blue #3 sheens gold.

The #791 is written with "Tears of a Clown"... a BungBox ink.

May I ask where are you getting the price for 30ml bottles of these luscious inks ? :huh:

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Hey kwzi, that's some very nice work! My favourite is your violet iron gall ink. Is it possible to order some?

May I ask where are you getting the price for 30ml bottles of these luscious inks ? :huh:

I think she meant it to be ironic *hmm... irony or satire?*, she wasn't serious.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Okay, I never predicted that there would be such interest in this ink and I'm a bit unprepared :blush: Before PenShow I made around 280-290 ml of each color, some of the ink was already sold there, and now the rest of it is already reserved. So I'm sorry that everyone else would have to wait a bit for this ink - production takes some time, at average 5-7 weeks I can speed up the process but 3-4 weeks, but this is a minimum to settle down the ink.

I never made a chart with colors because I constantly add new ones and sometimes change existing ones - creating inks is a hobby for me and earlier sales were made either on pen meetings or after sample exchange. During this Easter I will try to prepare charts with inks - there is around 34 of them.

Like with all waterproof or water resistant inks proper pen hygiene is a must - do not mix this ink with residues of older ink and everything is going to be alright. I also do not recommend using those inks with celuloid pens - dyes used in those inks have high affinity to cellulose, I never spotted any problems, but there should be no reason to risk.

I have two types of bottles 60 ml for (5,8€/8$) and 30 ml (3,1€/4,3$) - I ship using standard service by Poczta Polska (quite reliable) inside Europe for shipping it would be around 6$ for up to four 60 ml bottles, to North America it would be up to 8$ for four 60 ml bottles.

Because of coming Easter I will be absent for few days - I will post more information about inks on Wednesday (23.04). I hope that I gave answers for most of the questions for now.

This is where I got the price for the 30mL bottles. Though I'm guessing they are open to change depending on how the future evolves. You can see the 60mL bottles are about $8 and the 30mL are $3. If we can import the inks though in pouches and transfer into gimborn bottles. I know I've already said it once, but the idea gets me excited.

Edited by Morames

Ah, yet another ink that is not so easy to come by here in the US right? I need to stop pining for what I can't have and fall in love with some Diamine, Noodler's, PR, OS inks.

30 ml bottles were for ~4.3$, not 3$ ;) But they are currently not available for sell. I ordered a small number of them for use as samples, but there were some problems with cap quality so they are no longer sold.

To be sure about seal I would have to buy 30 ml bottles that are almost twice more expensive than 60 ml bottles.

The inks are not so easily avaible because I still use most of my time on R&D, and not on marketing. But now there is another chemist which helps me in this project, so it tends to be easier;)

I have a lot of tape - and I won't hesitate to use it!

This is where I got the price for the 30mL bottles. Though I'm guessing they are open to change depending on how the future evolves. You can see the 60mL bottles are about $8 and the 30mL are $3. If we can import the inks though in pouches and transfer into gimborn bottles. I know I've already said it once, but the idea gets me excited.

OH --- good catch. Sorry about above! Glad you were paying attention.

I think she meant it to be ironic *hmm... irony or satire?*, she wasn't serious.

is it irony? or wrinkly?

:lticaptd:

Since I was mistaken ... it was definitely wrinkly.

30 ml bottles were for ~4.3$, not 3$ ;) But they are currently not available for sell. I ordered a small number of them for use as samples, but there were some problems with cap quality so they are no longer sold.

To be sure about seal I would have to buy 30 ml bottles that are almost twice more expensive than 60 ml bottles.

The inks are not so easily avaible because I still use most of my time on R&D, and not on marketing. But now there is another chemist which helps me in this project, so it tends to be easier;)

I was paying attention to the posts, but my silly Americaness caused me to glaze over the European method of denoting "dollars and cents." Sorry KWZI. I'd rather have the larger 60mL bottles, but you are creating so many beautiful inks, and I want to collect them all.

I've been following the post for only about 3 days so the posts are all fresh in my mind. That's how I was able to see the pricing, though wrongly, and others may have missed it. You'd have to go back to the first page to see the post regarding price. I had to find out more about these inks. Amber keeps posting reviews on FPN and I feel like I'm chasing her posts around like a silly puppy trying to catch a butterfly.

I'm not in any rush though. Actually KWZI the delay is saddly beneficial for me. My wife isn't so keen on my ink and pen hobby at the moment, and I need to save up a little pocket money to buy new toys. It's a hard balancing act, do I buy better pens? More inks? I'm new to the fountain pen world and I'm suffering from gotta-have-it-fever.

I'm happy to hear you now have someone to work with. Two heads are better than one, and four hands are better than two.

Edited by Morames

Tonight I'll start scanning in all 47 pages of "light-reviews", and once I've got them all I'll create a big topic under comparisons.

After some computer reformatting, I was finally able to complete this. You can see all the inks here.

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog | My Creative Writing Blog | My Heraldry Designs

http://dcroe05.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/crestdr.png?w=100

Wow, you guys.

Wow!

I mean, with the reviews. Great reviews! All y'all are wonderful!

Edited by ethernautrix

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is an old thread and the conversion may have moved to another thread but is there an update or process at which i can secure some of these inks?

Konrad has been off line for a little while. We are pushing him as hard as we can from thousands of miles away. He is a graduate student and keeps getting interrupted by pesky little things like dissertations or something (I channeled my dog and ignored all the parts so the conversation was like this "...dang good reason...no inks yet ... someday soon...."). Anyway, someday soon.

• 3 weeks later...

The list is officially OPEN!!!! Head to the link below and pick your KWZI Inks.. :D

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/273375-kwzi-ink-north-american-group-buy/

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,