The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

WTH? Is This A Joke?

montegrappa limited edition guardian angel italy advertising pr horrible

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 scratchofapen

scratchofapen

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 March 2017 - 18:23

Well, i am sure theese will have their fans. Don't fotget they seem to sell these
overladden pens. In my eyes they are butt ugly pretentous kitsch, but that is just me.
I am sure in my collection there are pens that don't appeal tosomeone with other taste.
To each one the pen he likes.

To the marketing, i do not think the comic style is adequate to an item in this price range....

Sponsored Content

#82 flipper_gv

flipper_gv

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 September 2017 - 00:11

The funniest part about the video in the first post is that there is three population targeted:

- People that like comics

- People that are pretty religious

- People that have the money to spend on such a pen.

I don't see how much all those three overlap.

#83 KellyMcJ

KellyMcJ

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 December 2017 - 14:54

Well hold on to your wigs and saddle your pigs! Check this one out:

Clearly catering to the CEO who wishes he were a biker but doesn't have the cahones. 

That being said, I see this sort of thing as an "art" piece to get people's attention rather than something they actually intend to sell.

Edited by KellyMcJ, 09 December 2017 - 14:58.

#84 KellyMcJ

KellyMcJ

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 December 2017 - 15:04

good CGI = expensive, and cheap CGI = does not work. I remember Games of Throne producers were stating that they only wanted to shot dragon screen when it was a must due to the cost.

U guys are laughing now but I think this one edition is pretty. The set is too expensive for me though:

Montegrappa-Eternal-Bird-Silver-Fountain

You have to see the ink pot of the Eternal Bird edition:

Montegrappa-Limited-Edition-Eternal-Bird

That is pretty cool. It does not look comfortable to write with, but it's pretty cool. If I had a skillion dollars and wanted a pen to sit around in a display case and not write with, I'd buy it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montegrappa, limited edition, guardian angel, italy, advertising, pr, horrible

Sponsored Content

|