Dreweatts Bloomsbury Vintage Pen Auction 30Th April 2014

holygrail

You have probably seen the ad for our auction on 30th April here on FPN

The sale listing should go live on our website early next week, and we will post the link here when the sale is live.

The sale contains 266 lots of wonderful Vintage Fountain Pens, like the Parker, Vacumatic, Major, a burgandy pearl, circa 1934, shown below. Many of the pens are from the Andreas Lambrou Collection, as illustrated in "Fountain Pens Of The World', and were purchased by the vendor in 1996 at the Bonhams sale of the Lambrou collection. The sale also includes several other privately entered collections.

The pre-sale estimates for the lots are very conservative, with prices starting from around £40.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• holygrail

• da vinci

• Drone

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Drone

The FPN link to the website is only temporarily to the Pen Section of our website as the actual sale listing won't go live until early next week. We are still furiously cataloguing and photographing all the lots.

As soon as the catalogue is live on the website I will let everyone know here in this forum (and on my blog) the link on FPN will take you straight to the sale listing - please bear with us whilst we finish getting the sale ready for everyone to look at.

In the meantime thank you for your interest, and I am sure you will like what we have in the sale. I will post a few more of my favorite pens from the sale to give everyone previews of what is in the sale.

HI all,

We should have the catalogue finally published on our website tomorrow, and I will post the links as soon as the catalogue is available. The advert on the main FPN page will also go live straight to the auction.

In the meantime here is another pen from the sale. This time it's a Conway Stewart, Executive 60, Cracked Ice, a black and grey fountain pen, circa 1949, estimated at £40 - 60

http://fpngallery/sml_gallery_111096_3_20423.jpg

Hi All,

The listing for the Dreweatts & Bloomsbury 30th April Vintage Fountain Pen is now available on-line. Below is a link to the listing of the lots, or the advert link on the FPN home page will also take you to the listing

Here is another of our favorite lots from the sale, a Mabie Todd 'Swan' Green Lizard, circa 1938.

I hope you like what is on offer!

http://www.dreweatts...sp.css=number,a

Hi Holygrail.

Was just having a look at your catalogue - some nice pieces indeed. A shame that you do not include pictures of the nibs though. I wont be able to get to a viewing and the auction. I might have considered a commission bid or 2 but cannot risk it with at least seeing a photo of the nib. Food for thought for the next auction perhaps?

Da vinci :)

HI Da Vinci

Thank you for your feedback - I will ask the photographers to remember that for future sales.

If you want any additional images, closes ups of nibs etc from this (or any of our sales), we will happily provide them along with detailed condition reports. If you send any condition and additional image requests directly to the department on the e-mail address below, my colleagues will send you all the information and images you need;

e-mail address:

jsw@dnfa.com

Hope you find something interesting amongst all those lots!