Hello From North Carolina

Miss Cooley

Well here I am - a true sign that I'm a goner is when I join a forum. I am new to fps. I love to draw and have discovered that lovely inks are available to fp users.

My mom sent me an old AW Classic Impressions that writes beautifully with the old ink cartridge that came with it, but it's ugly as hell. A splotchy black and green body.

Somehow a gaudy Jinhao 3000 Tiger ended up on my Amazon wish list and my sister sent it to me. Writes like a dream. It glides on the paper without a sound - I really like that. But it is encased in metal and very heavy. Slightly difficult to hold. And ugly.

Meanwhile I ordered a Noodler's Ahab from Goulet Pens and some ink samples. The Ahab is a great pen as well except for the scratchiness on the paper, which is a minor complaint. Ink flow is just about perfect.

I'm loving these forums so far. Must research my next purchase of course. I'd like something sleek and whisper quiet. And then I'd like 10 of them, each with their own ink.... yeah....

Above all else, to thine own self be true.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miss Cooley

• PAKMAN

• RMN

• lisadan

Welcome to the club!

If you like the way Jinhao 3000 writes, you might want to try the Jinhao 159. Similar design but made of plastic and thus lighter. I don't know much about drawing, but you may also try the Duke 209. You can get it with a special curved nib that is supposed to be better for drawing or calligraphy. Very good pen in my opinion. Both usually cost under $10 on eBay.

Dan

Welcome to the club!

If you like the way Jinhao 3000 writes, you might want to try the Jinhao 159. Similar design but made of plastic and thus lighter. I don't know much about drawing, but you may also try the Duke 209. You can get it with a special curved nib that is supposed to be better for drawing or calligraphy. Very good pen in my opinion. Both usually cost under $10 on eBay.

Wow... really? Obviously I'm not an ebay user. I will explore both of those options! Thanks!

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Hi Miss Cooley, welcoem to FPN

Yes, seems you have caught it, the FP addiction. It won't go away, so enjoy it as it does not hurt. (It only hurts if you are a wallet....)

enjoy the forum

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Welcome, Miss Cooley !

Don't discard the "heavy" pen yet. Since fountain pen ink is attracted to the paper, I can write with a

fingers-extended, relaxed grip. I don't have big hands, but the heavier pens self-settle into my hand.

It feels natural. >>>>> Also, transparent and sustainable. (Sorry, had to throw in the cliches of our times. )

As you run through your acquisitions, note what you like and dislike about each. Such information will help

you choose the "dream pen".

The fountain pen experience has been fun for me. I hope you get your share of it. By the way, "ugly as hell"

has it's fans. This is mine. Please share yours.

fpn_1345695379__ugly_pen.jpg

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

LOL! Will do. I think I have that one's country cousin.

Welcome! You may want to check out some vendors and order ink samples. Usually 2-3ml, so enough to try without ending up with a bottle of "should have known better". While I don't have a set of them, a group of "demonstrator" (clear) pens filled with different inks looks nice to me.

Enjoy the water, hop in and swim awhile. This board is a great place.

Paul

"Nothing is impossible, even the word says 'I'm Possible!'" Audrey Hepburn

Hello and welcome to the Fountain Pen Network. I'm glad you've joined us. Please don't hesitate to share your questions and opinions. I hope you enjoy your time with us.

-David.

No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery. -Anon.

A backward poet writes inverse. -Anon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and welcome to FPN!

Enjoy :)

Ben

''You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes''. A A Milne