#41 thang1thang2

thang1thang2

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2014 - 00:37

No undue pressure on downstrokes. The shape of the nib does the job on its own.

As a side issue, I was interested to see that you're using the post number (#2)  for identification. It's not used much, and yet it's such  a useful way of locating items - especially as threads grow in size.

If you click on the number on the upper right hand corner of each post, you'll get a hyperlink to that specific number. For example, "#2" is

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/264400-penmanship-videos/?p=2954146

You can then embed that into the "#2" in the post by making a hyperlink.

[url="http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/264400-penmanship-videos/?p=2954146"]#2[/url]
which will output as #2 in your post. Very handy for lazy people who can just click on the #2 to go directly to the post link :)

I'm so glad you're back, Ken. I've missed your insightful comments.

#42 Ken Fraser

Ken Fraser

Calligrapher

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:23

Excellent videos.  Thanks for posting.

Question:  What nib/ink combination are you using in the Ackerman Pump Pen?

Best regards,

Tim

It was a while ago, but I'm fairly sure that it was a Gillott 303, which was my flexible nib of choice, at the time.

Now, I use Esterbrook 357 mostly. The ink was probably Quink black.

The Ackerman pump pen is a great concept, and I believe that it's been recently improved.

I had an early version, which leaked without warning. Unfortunately, it was in my pocket, at the time - I threw it away.

That was a couple of years ago. Hopefully, the design problems will have been sorted out by now. If it works, it's a great idea.

Ken

Calligraphic Design  -  www.kenfrasercalligrapher.com

#43 Ken Fraser

Ken Fraser

Calligrapher

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:32

If you click on the number on the upper right hand corner of each post, you'll get a hyperlink to that specific number. For example, "#2" is

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/264400-penmanship-videos/?p=2954146

You can then embed that into the "#2" in the post by making a hyperlink.

[url="http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/264400-penmanship-videos/?p=2954146"]#2[/url]
which will output as #2 in your post. Very handy for lazy people who can just click on the #2 to go directly to the post link :)

I'm so glad you're back, Ken. I've missed your insightful comments.

Thanks!

As the site has grown, I've been noting down interesting post numbers, to quickly and easily re-locate them.

Thanks for the information :)  I'm sure that it will make re-location much easier. I'm not aware of others using this system, elsewhere on this site.

Ken

Calligraphic Design  -  www.kenfrasercalligrapher.com

#44 The penner

The penner

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:55

Ken! I feel like I've hit a jackpot. I saw the way you hold your penholder, tried it out, and it instantly felt like magic. Words started writing themselves. Please see my copperplate thread... The new image shows progress literally made within an hour. Hope you notice an improvement as I sure have!

K.M.J

#45 Anne-Sophie

Anne-Sophie

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:56

Love, love all the Copperplate, business writing and Spencerian videos!

I especially appreciate the size of lettering and handwriting with a fountain pen on grid paper videos.

Miniature Copperplate on Seyes lines, Wow!

Thank you so much Ken!

I think your threads should be pinned.

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?